We are looking for a Senior Associate to join the Marketing team within our epocrates division. The Senior Associate will provide critical support to ensure we meet and exceed our business objectives by planning and executing multichannel marketing strategies and tactics. This role requires a solid understanding of the marketing mix and familiarity with analysis of market research and customer and/or user behavior. This role will contribute directly to delivering a positive brand experience and building valuable, long-term relationships with our customers and our users.
But enough about us; lets talk about you.
You thrive in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment where you will gain exposure to many types of marketing programs. You are a strategic thinking, detail orientated, strong and collaborative individual. You have experience in project management, integrated multi-channel marketing campaigns and possess excellent communication and story-telling skills. You have the ability to effectively translate and communicate technical information in a meaningful way to non-technical audiences and are analytically driven.
The Team: epocrates, Inc., an athenahealth company, is recognized for developing the #1 medical application among U.S. physicians for clinical content, practice tools, and health industry engagement at the point of care. epocrates has established a loyal network of more than one million health care professionals, including 50 percent of U.S. physicians, who routinely use its intuitive solutions to help streamline workflow and improve patient care. More than 1 million healthcare providers rely on epocrates and there are significant investments being made in product technology and innovation, and this year is a fantastic opportunity for marketing to re-energize the brand for customers, users and prospects. Were looking for the right candidate to help us reach our full potential this year and in the future.
- Leads strategy development and implementation execution across relevant channels to maintain and grow our customer and user base
- A key liaison with members of the broader marketing organization on communication programs that raise awareness and drive usage of the both the channel and products
- Work with the product, engineering, UX and Medical Information team to create and manage a consumer-focused product roadmap, making strategic adjustments as needed based on consumer needs, resource allocation, technology delivery and corporate priority
- Implement programs designed to capture the voice of the customer including, but not limited to, Net Promoter Score programs, market research, user surveys, and more
- Designs and implements new programs and approaches that meet connected consumer needs
- Analyzes business analytics and market intelligence reporting to translate emerging trends into business opportunities, as well as identifying opportunities to improve processes and strategies as appropriate.
- Coordinates with the content and design team to generate marketing assets for promotion
- Bachelors Degree required. Degree in business, marketing, and or communications preferred
- 2+ years of professional experience in a product or agency environment. Healthcare industry a plus
- Strong initiative, a self-starter with a keen attention to detail, demonstrated ability to drive projects and excellent follow-through
- A strategic thinker that understands the bigger picture and is able to push a project from conception to execution and from execution to optimization
- Excellent people skills to interact with colleagues, cross-functional teams, and third parties (e.g. customers)
- Ability to prioritize and manage projects independently with minimal guidance amidst multiple priorities
- Marketing expertise, with specific experience in digital marketing and marketing automation tools, ideally including e-commerce
- Our Vision: To create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
- Our Location: This role is based in Watertown, MA, just a few miles outside of Boston. Watertown is our Global Headquarters and our campus, the Arsenal on the Charles, is home to a number of restaurants, a local gym and large outdoor space. This office also has a cafeteria, coffee caf and food trucks that rotate every day.
- Our Culture: At athenahealth, our employees (or athenistas) are committed to making healthcare smarter. Our success is dependent on the diversity, collective spirit, and contributions of our people, clients and partners. We value teamwork and believe that the strength of our team comes from supporting each other and leveraging our specialized skills. If you are looking for company that will enable you to work outside of your comfort zone to transform the healthcare ecosystem, athenahealth is the place for you.
- Our Perks: Along with health & financial benefits, our athenistas are offered a variety of perks that promote employee wellbeing such as commuter support, collaborative workspaces and dog-friendly offices - just to name a few.