Office Tour Photos
Starry is proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide; we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, were making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, were bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Who were looking for:
Our Senior Manufacturing Quality Engineer (Electronics) will work closely with Manufacturing Operations, Hardware Engineering, Test Engineering and Contract Manufacturers (CM) to deliver robust products that meet Starrys manufacturability, cost, quality and delivery objectives. A successful candidate must have proven experience in Manufacturing Engineering of complex electro-mechanical systems, printed circuit boards, and printed circuit board assemblies.
What youll do:
- Ensure component and finished devices are properly specified and inspected and the associated manufacturing processes are properly designed, analyzed and validated
- Evaluate component and sub-assembly subcontractors to ensure hardware quality and conformance to standards and regulations
- Work with the CM to develop, implement, and maintain Process Flows, Control Plans, MSAs, and Quality Plans.
- Establish and implement inspections, test methods and inspection sampling plans to ensure performance and quality of the product meet product specifications and expectations for both production level components and finished devices
- Provide technical expertise in conducting PFMEAs with Contract Manufacturers and developing process validations
- Ensure proper approval, documentation and communication practices are followed for any Supplier Change Request at CMs
- Support quality metrics and provide leadership in problem resolution and failure analysis with manufacturing partners and component suppliers
- Understand, support and troubleshoot PCB and PCBA manufacturing methodologies and processes
- Perform root cause investigation for supplier product quality issues and ensure supplier corrective/preventive actions are in place. Investigate and report on field quality issues, failures and complaints and work to resolution.
- Support global manufacturing and integration footprint
- BS or Masters degree in Electrical Engineering or similar technical discipline with strong electronics background
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience in Quality Assurance/Quality Engineering functions relating to Contract Manufacturing operations, PCBA build and electronics testing equipment. Electronics and understanding of electrical circuits a must.
- Experience with transferring products from design through validation into manufacturing
- Basic Engineering knowledge in FMEA, SPC, Process Characterization, GR&R
- Knowledge of various manufacturing processes: electronics PCB, assembly (pick & place), wave flow, and test methods
- Strong background in Manufacturing Engineering, Design for Manufacturability, and New Product Introduction
- Experience with analytical tools and methods, including statistics (Minitab preferred), DOE, and the use of computer software packages related to design, development and manufacturing.
- Highly self-directed and demonstrated ability to lead teams without authority.
- Ability to travel approximately 15 30% of the time for supplier visits or business meetings (domestic and international)
Bonus Points for:
- Experience working with Tier 1 EMS or CM
- Familiarity with Lean Manufacturing
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Catered meals on a weekly basis
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
More Jobs From