Senior Manager, User Generated Content
Who We Are
User generated content (UGC) - e.g. the reviews, Q&A, and photos we receive from customers - is essential to Wayfairs mission to offer an unparalleled customer experience in the home e-commerce space. Customers rely heavily on this content to build trust when making a purchase, and as such improvements in content capture rates or content utilization on site typically drive large 7 or 8 figure bottom-line impacts. This content cannot be replicated via other sources (Wayfair, manufacturers, 3rd parties) and the e-commerce shopper expects it; thus, determining optimal strategies around collection and use of UGC is essential to Wayfairs long-term aspirations.
To achieve our mission, we need a highly-motivated individual to help drive our UGC program. This person will be able to support holistic and long-term strategies, identify innovative approaches to drive value, quickly translate strategy to actionable roadmaps, manage projects with a bias for action, effectively communicate with internal stakeholders and external supplier partners, inspire and develop junior team members, and effectively partner with leadership to set and execute on our agenda.
What Youll Do
- Lead strategy for review capture. Build review capture funnel reporting and identify and execute on the biggest levers the team can pull to increase capture rates
- Work with marketing team to optimize frequency and content of post-order touchpoints e.g. email, push notifications to maximize review capture in those channels
- Work with our product and engineering team to build out core UGC experiences on site and measure impact. Past recent examples include a new review sort algorithm, bubble filters, and photo carousel.
- Lead strategy for product Q&A. Work with our product team to optimize the way Q&A is shown on-site. Identify optimal strategy to collect answers, working on both supplier-answering and offshore-answering strategies
- Lead roadmap creation for new UGC content such as user videos.
- Work with our analytics and data teams to build comprehensive standard reporting across the UGC function on review capture, coverage, and utilization
What Youll Need
- 5-10 years of work experience preferred
- Demonstrated results on self-initiated vision/strategy, from opportunity identification to stakeholder alignment to delivered impact
- Ability to inspire team through challenges and uncertainty and instill confidence with cross-functional partners
- Strong background in data driven decision making and prioritization
- Experience communicating, collaborating and delivering business results with senior leaders across a wide variety of disciplines
- Held positions of commensurate scope, responsibility, complexity and accountability
- Entrepreneurial-minded leader, who has been successful operating in a dynamic, fast-paced, ambiguous environment
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel and Google suite, familiarity / proficiency with SQL and/or Google Big Query is a plus
- Familiarity with data visualization tools and ability to summarize data in visual formats
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.