Senior Manager – Strategy and Leasing, North American Industrial Real Estate
Senior Manager Strategy and Leasing, North American Industrial Real Estate
Our Real Estate team at Wayfair is responsible for delivering the physical footprint to support our growth. To-date, we occupy more than 12M sq ft of space around the world including: our headquarters locations in Boston and Berlin, Castle Gate fulfillment centers across North America and Europe and customer service locations in the U.S., Germany and Ireland. We are a small team that works collaboratively with business users across the company to define the needs of the business, find and stand-up new space.
What Youll Do:
- You will collaborate with our operations team to define real estate requirements for final mile supply chain footprint including: entry strategy for new markets, expansion planning in existing markets, planning for evolution of real estate footprint as the business grows
- You will execute location strategy and leasing activities across the U.S. and Canada
- Youll completely own the leasing strategy & process for final mile requirements. This includes our location sourcing, site selection in collaboration with operations, lease negotiation, modeling of lease expense and building economics, and driving the underwriting and internal approval process
- Youll support portfolio of existing final mile sites as the Real Estate teams primary point of contact for operations team, landlords and other third parties.
- Youll work to build strategic relationships with developers, landlords, brokers and internal stakeholders
What Youll Need:
- 5+ years of experience in strategic finance, management consulting, strategic procurement real estate investment/asset management or related business experience, MBA preferred
- You have strong financial acumen and direct negotiating experience. You have comfort in getting into the detail on contracts and legal negotiation
- You have demonstrated experience managing external partners and leading multifunctional projects
- Strong interpersonal skills able to build relationship in complex situations that help solve problems and get things done
- Moderate travel as needed to visit sites and partners