As Motionals first social media lead, youll be the driving voice of Motionals social channels (TW, FB, LI, IG, and YT). Youll lead the development of all social plans, will own always-on content calendars, and will work with Motionals brand director and designers to oversee the development of social-first creative content.
Youll report directly to our brand director, and will collaborate closely with team members overseeing media relations, thought leadership, internal communications, and HR/recruitment to amplify all relevant initiatives on Motionals social channels. Along with the wider team, youll help build awareness of Motional as a thought, commercial, and technological leader in driverless technology, and grow our share of voice in the industry conversation.
The Motional global headquarters are located at 100 Northern Avenue in Boston, MA. Nestled in the busting Seaport district with sweeping views of Boston Harbor and downtown Boston, the offices are located close to major transit lines and a quick walk to various restaurants and popular attractions.
What You'll Be Doing
- Oversee all of Motionals social media channels, including the day-to-day management.
- Lead the ideation and development of social-first content, with support from Motionals brand director and designers (for creative needs)
- Direct and collaborate with our design and video teams to develop engaging, audience-building content
- Highlight Motional for the technological, thought and commercial leader it is. This means communicating highly technical concepts in social-ready, easy to understand ways
- Lead and quickly grow Motionals social media accounts and engagement with our key audiences, including consumers, prospects, lawmakers/cities, and industry watchers, through a combination of organic, paid and always-on strategies.
- Collaborate with your media relations and editorial colleagues to amplify Motionals PR and thought leadership content through our social channels.
What We're Looking For
- 7+ years progressive professional experience in social media marketing
- Experience and confidence in participating in video ideation and overseeing video content creation.
- A passion for and strong understanding of what the driverless industry can deliver.
- A passion for all things social media, and an in-depth understanding of the driverless industry activity on social.
- An in-depth understanding of paid social and a comfort developing and executing paid campaigns across channels.
- An analytical mind. Familiarity with the relevant tools (i.e. Sprout Social, Bambu) to monitor activity and iterate and pivot as necessary.
- A talent for short-form content.
- Confidence in understanding and dissecting technical topics ranging from robotics to machine learning.
- Note: design skills are a big bonus, but not required.
- Overall great communicator.