Senior Manager-Profit Management
Profit Management is focused on steering growth strategy and analytics across Wayfairs categories, by leveraging highly quantitative business analytics and cutting-edge data science techniques. This team directly manages Wayfairs profitability via dynamic pricing and product sorting algorithms to balance the delicate tradeoff between short- and long-term profit, while working cross-functionally to affect product selection, merchandising, operations, and marketing initiatives. This role will specifically lead the fast growing Renovation vertical. Our goal is to grow our Renovation business as quickly and profitably as possible.
What You'll Do
- Develop the growth strategy for a product class by working closely with cross functional teams to understand competitive dynamics, positioning, sales and margin impact
- Measure the opportunity cost of replacing high performing email content with a link to a strategic initiative
- Leverage tens of millions of daily competitor price crawls and hundreds of millions of rows of Wayfair transactional and site navigation data to re-define Wayfairs measurement of price competitiveness
- An understanding of various Data Science techniques and how they influence the business operations
What You'll Need
- Strong communication skills ability to summarize and share results with executives
- Technical in nature; Advanced Excel skills and prior experience or an interest in SQL
- Strong quantitative skills ability to develop analytical methodologies and assumptions, use data software to conduct the analyses, and synthesize findings
- Bachelors degree in economics, math, statistics, engineering, business or related field is a plus
- MBA preferred but not required
- 5+ years of work experience in analytical, consulting, technology, startup, or strategy roles
- Experience leading analytical, consulting, or other client-facing teams
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.