The best B2C and B2B brands are investing in video series and original content to build deep connections and affinity with their audience. At Wistia, were empowering these brands, along with every small and medium business, with software to publish, promote, and analyze the performance of their shows and content.
As the Sr. Manager of Product Design, you will be responsible for leading and building the whole of the product design team at Wistia. You will be responsible for partnering with other leaders within the organization to articulate the product vision, lead and inspire the designers to create simple and innovative solutions, and ultimately deliver a unified, beautiful, and functional product. You will report directly to the head of design at Wistia (who manages our marketing design and research teams as well).
We're looking for a Sr. Manager of Product Design to ensure that we:
- Make it amazing From website to product to events to swag to signage in our office, from the biggest projects to the smallest details, Wistia demands excellent design in both form and function.
- Do it different We are taking a different path than many of our contemporaries, and we pride ourselves on thinking for ourselves and standing out. We value creative risk-taking and experimentation.
- Use design thinking everywhere We want a design leader who will help implement design thinking in all parts of our organization, not just on the design team itself.
The primary ways we expect the Sr. Manager of Product Design to achieve this is through:
- Design mentorship We don't need a leader who is a master of every design discipline, but we need a strong mentor and connector who can cultivate talent and help us all grow. We want someone who helps designers learn the full design stack.
- Editing The Sr. Manager should have impeccable taste and maintain a high bar for design quality across the organization. We expect the Sr. Manager to be a strong editor.
- Teamwork We're not a loose collection of unruly superstars. We do our best work when we're collaborating, critiquing each other's work, and sharing our craft. The measure of the leader is the success of the team.
- Recruiting The Sr. Manager is a team builder. We love to hire high-growth designers, who have a solid base level of talent but are early or largely unproven in their careers. They thrive on pushing forward our brand, visual style, and products, and come to Wistia because their work has an outsized impact on our company's success.
- Thought leadership - As a team, we want to advance design thinking in the world of business through events, writing, and speaking. The Sr. Manager educates and advocates for design thinking externally as well as internally to the Wistia team.
We work hard to ensure Wistia is an inclusive and diverse place where everyone feels happy, fulfilled, respected, comfortable, and welcome. You can learn more about the type of company were building on our blog. Check out our Jobs page (https://wistia.com/jobs) to get a feel for our culture and the benefits of working at Wistia.
We want you to grow, contribute, and have fun here! We know the biggest investment we can make is in our employees, so
- A competitive salary
- 401k with 3% company contribution, regardless of whether you make contributions
- Flexible hours
- Fully paid healthcare coverage for you and your family (including dental) and a healthcare FSA
- Up to 16 weeks paid family leave
- Flexible vacation and sick leave
- Transportation subsidies
- A convenient office just south of Central Square in Cambridge, MA. We're right on the Red Line, surrounded by great restaurants, parks, and even a dog park