Want to work for a company that is shaping the future of transportation and mobility? Ready to join a dynamic, playful, diverse, and mission-driven company that’s seriously changing the world? Have what it takes to lead Zipcar’s pricing and promotions strategy and make a direct impact on our growth? If the answer is yes, then join us at Zipcar!
What you’ll do:
- Lead the company’s long-term pricing strategy and annual pricing roadmap and action plan
- Develop usage pricing strategy based on financial assessment of our current business model, strategic assessment of needs and opportunities, competitive pricing, and ongoing analysis of our pricing decisions and financial impact
- Establish and oversee pricing governance and operations: reporting and oversight, processes for managing requests and inquiries, management of driving rates across markets, implementation of pricing changes, pricing and promotional guidelines for sales and marketing, and providing government and enterprise contract support
- Work with Data Science and Product teams on development of pricing elasticity models, pricing optimization learning agendas, and A/B testing models
What You’ll love about being a Zipster in Pricing
- Collaborating with talented, passionate colleagues representing a large cross section of our functional teams that bring their authentic and whole selves to work
- Being part of a company that is big enough that we can achieve big things together, but small enough that you can make your mark
- Having immediate and direct impact on the growth and profitability of the business
What drives success for this role:
- Familiarity with various pricing exercises (e.g. portfolio pricing, bundling, new products, promotional pricing), pricing models (e.g. subscription vs transactional, tiered, dynamic), and general pricing approaches (e.g. value based, competitive, cost plus)
- Solid proficiency in statistics and testing methodologies (e.g. A/B testing, conjoint)
- Strong collaboration and relationship building skills, and an instinct towards partnering will be critical to success. This is a high visibility role and will interact with stakeholders across the entire organization, particularly finance, sales and marketing, data science and analytics, and operations
- Good communication skills – both written and verbal. Good intuition for the right way to communicate given the audience and the objectives
- Excellent analytical ability, strong business acumen, and critical decision-making skills
- BA required, MBA preferred, with 4+ years of pricing strategy experience or
What tops off the tank:
- Competitive Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Insurance and other voluntary benefits through our parent company, Avis Budget Group
- Generous paid time off, including holidays, vacation, personal, sick, volunteer and Parental Leave options
- Up to $5,500/year tuition reimbursement
- Tax-free benefit for public transportation or parking expenses
- Bicycle Reimbursement program
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company matched contributions
- Free Zipcar Membership and other employee discounts, including discounts on renting and buying Avis/Budget cars
- Community involvement opportunities
Who are we?
Glad you asked! Zipcar is the world’s leading car-sharing network, found in urban areas and university campuses in more than 500 cities and towns. Our team is smart, creative and fun, and we’re driven by a mission – to enable simple and responsible urban living.
Being a Zipcar member gives you easy access to a car nearby without all the cost and hassle of owning one. Founded in 2000, Zipcar disrupted – or innovated – the traditional model of car ownership and independent studies show that Zipcar’s model of car sharing is proven to reduce vehicle ownership, freeing up more city space for people. Zipcar provides members with socially responsible, sustainable mobility options that support the global environment, their communities and city livability.
Zipcar is a subsidiary of Avis Budget Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: CAR), a leading global provider of mobility solutions. For more information, visit: www.zipcar.com.
The extra mile:
We encourage Zipsters to bring their whole selves to work - unique perspectives, personal experiences, backgrounds, and however they identify. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer – M/F/D/V.
More Jobs From