The Senior Manager, Marketing Strategy - Front Store Health, will be responsible for developing marketing plans, campaign briefs, and business cases through the use of customer insights, business data, and competitive analysis. This includes partnering with a variety of stakeholders including merchandising, media, creative, analytics, marketing channel experts, and supplier partners. All plans will require the development of specific measurement goals to quantify the impact to the Front Store Health business.
The Senior Manager, Marketing Strategy - Front Store Health will:
Develop Business Cases & Marketing Plans
- Use customer insights, business data, and competitive analysis to identify opportunities to both drive and grow the Front Store Health business.
- Work closely with merchandising to help develop and enhance strategic business priorities that can then be supported through marketing
- Communicate these plans to stakeholders across the organization at varying levels, including senior leadership
- Develop the necessary learning agendas and KPIs to determine the impact on the business and provide learnings for future campaign optimizations
Create Marketing Briefs
- Translate plans into a marketing brief that can be used to drive creative development and media planning.
- Identify a key customer insight, strategic messages, and reasons to believe, as well as determine appropriate budgeting for media and production.
- Evaluate creative work and media opportunities to ensure that they deliver against the stated strategic priorities within the brief
Balance Prioritization of Business Needs
- Use time-management and organizational skills to filter and address additional project requests from business partners
- Adjust priorities to focus on urgent business needs and time-sensitive requests
Build Collaborative Relationships
- Manage and develop strong relationships with partners across the organization, particularly merchant partners
- Lead cross-functional teams to ensure the consistent communication and execution of strategy
- Partner with suppliers to identify opportunities to complement and amplify marketing campaigns
Provide Leadership Within and Outside of Front Store Health Team
- Lead and mentor team members to achieve results and enable professional growth.
- Deliver thought leadership to broader Front Store team through sharing and collaboration
- Bring new ideas to partners across the organization to help grow the CVS health business
Manage Front Store Health Team Budget
- Track monthly forecasted expenses and reconcile against actual spend
- Ensure that all production and media estimates are submitted to Finance
- Provide monthly reporting to marketing leadership
- 7+ years of marketing experience with a strong foundation of business, retailer, and consumer understanding.
- 3+ years of cross-functional leadership experience.
- 2+ years of retail marketing, retail agency/strategy, and/or CPG experience
- 2+ years of digital marketing experience
- Experience working in a highly-matrixed organization
- A customer-first mindset that drives decision-making within the in-store and online customer experience
- Omni-channel marketing experience with a strong understanding of both paid and owned assets
- Quantitative skills (data analysis, sales trends, forecasting, market sizing) that can be used to organize and interpret data in order to create actionable insights
- Budget management experience, which includes both the ability to make informed decisions on how marketing dollars should be allocated as well as the responsibility of tracking and communicating that spend
- Intellectual curiosity and a willingness to question the status quo in order to drive improvements and optimizations
- Highly motivated, self-starter who can thrive in a demanding, performance-driven environment and make thoughtful decisions even when under tight deadlines
- Experience managing direct reports
- Ability to problem solve by identifying and removing barriers while maintaining a positive and collaborative attitude
- Proven track record of working collaboratively with internal and external business partners to deliver business results
- Effective oral and written communication skills that can be used to articulate plans and strategies to a variety of stakeholders, including senior leaders
- Strong PC knowledge including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Bachelors degree in Marketing, Business, or related field; MBA preferred
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
More Jobs From