At Cogo Labs, we build startup companies from scratch.
We're not venture capitalists. We're a collaborative team of Engineers, Analysts, and Entrepreneurs using innovative tools, big data, and intellectual curiosity to build a platform that spins up successful online businesses, fast.
As the Director, Human Resources you will be tasked with building and executing data backed and unbiased people programs, providing great internal empathy and coaching, working closely with leadership, driving HR best practices and propelling continued process improvements. Your passion for leading, supporting and developing diverse teams will be put to the test as you work to implement programs that increase engagement and a general sense of belonging.
What to expect from Cogo:
- Near obsessive use of data to inform business decisions. We believe that efficient growth happens when we make every decision based on solid, well directed analysis.
- Unmatched opportunity. We believe in mentoring people to grow as quickly as they can. Today's new grad hires are tomorrow's trail blazers.
- Flexibility and novelty. Your role will define itself over time, as you identify the problems that you are uniquely capable of solving.
- A fun, supportive culture. Happy employees are the most successful. We take care of our own, and not just because it's good business.
- The ability to take big swings. We are a successful company today due to the great ideas that have been generated and executed by our phenomenal Cogo team.
- Deep analytical thinking and problem solving
- Participation in high-level strategy meetings with leadership
- 8+ years of progressive human resources leadership experience
- 2+ years in a supervisory role
- Proven experience in creating and executing effective performance, employee relations, retention and reward programs that create impact - must feel comfortable "rolling up your sleeves".
- Track record for developing teams and people
- Coaching and mentoring at the management level - working with eStaff to continuously take vision to the next level
- Success in researching, analyzing, and executing high impact total rewards strategies including compensation, benefits, and perks.
- SME in all areas of HR compliance as well as federal, state, and local employment law
- Detail oriented mindset in evaluating requirements, anticipating bottlenecks, providing escalation management, making tradeoffs, and balancing business needs relative (we cannot boil the ocean!)
- Strong communication and writing skills for diverse audiences - we use both data and narrative format docs to drive strategy and process and we expect you to be comfortable and effective in both mediums
- Outgoing, eager and enthusiastic about taking on challenges
- Organized, detail-oriented with great follow though in new initiatives
- Comfortable working in a dynamic environment where needs and priorities sometimes change with little notice, and every day is a little different, and sometimes something blows up and youre like omg what!?
If you're reading this and questioning whether you should apply, apply! There's no such thing as a perfect candidate, and we don't expect you to check every box. We're inspired by the uniqueness that people like you bring to the table. The companies that we incubate are only as innovative as the breadth of lived experiences shared by the teams building them. We can't wait to read your application!
Cogo Labs is an equal opportunity employer and individuals seeking employment with us are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Cogo Labs Leadership Principles
- Take Big Swings
Thinking small is a self-fulfilling prophecy. Leaders strive to spend their time exclusively on whats important, and they shed the rest. They seek out the highest return on their teams time and effort.
- Data Driven
Leaders work backwards from the solution to generate plans. They use data to be sure their time and effort are always leveraged at the most impactful work. They admit when they are wrong and use the data to eliminate their blind spots.
- Make Moonshine
Leaders create value from spare and under-utilized parts. Theyre resourceful and tenacious. They expect and require innovation and invention from their teams, and they find ways to simplify. They are situationally aware; they look for good ideas from anywhere.
- Insist on the Highest Standards
Leaders keep the standards relentlessly high. They demand high quality products, services, and processes because they deliver high quality products, services, and processes. Leaders solve root problems and ensure that when problems get fixed, they stay fixed.
- Bias for Action
Leaders run everywhere they go. Many decisions and actions are reversible and dont need extensive study. Leaders value calculated risk taking because they know that in business, speed wins.
- Have Integrity; Earn Trust
Leaders listen attentively, speak candidly, and treat others respectfully. They are vocally self-critical, even when doing so is difficult or embarrassing. Leaders are not arrogant. They benchmark themselves against the best and identify their gaps.
- Hire and Develop the Best
Leaders raise the bar with every hire and promotion. They want to work with other leaders. They recognize exceptional talent and enthusiastically propel them throughout the organization. Leaders are serious about their role in coaching others.
Leaders think long-term and dont sacrifice long-term value for short-term results. They own all the inputs to their business. They act on behalf of the entire company, beyond just their own team.
- Disagree and Commit
Leaders respectfully challenge decisions when they disagree, even when doing so is uncomfortable or awkward. They have conviction; they do not compromise in the name of social niceties. Once a decision is reached, they commit wholly.
- Dive Deep
Leaders operate at once with immense perspective and granular detail. No task is beneath them. They audit frequently, and they are skeptical when metrics and anecdote differ.
- Deliver Results
Leaders focus their time on the key drivers for their business. They pursue them obsessively to deliver results with the right quality and in a timely fashion. They rise to the occasion and never compromise.