Senior Manager, Human Capital Strategy - Algorithms and Analytics
Senior Manager, Talent Strategy Business Partners
Wayfair is experiencing rapid and dynamic growth across a variety of areas. Our Talent Strategy Business Partners are focused on ensuring that we have the right leadership, teams and infrastructure in place to support our growing and complex business.
- We are a strategic arm of Talent focused on identifying, developing and implementing projects and initiatives to staff, onboard, develop, motivate, assess, retain and organize our talent.
- We push our senior leaders to think strategically about their people and are accountable for building the organizational structures, leadership and future teams that will propel Wayfairs success as a business
- We weave together talent-related data to tell a cohesive story about the organizations we support and where we need to invest. We arm our stakeholders with the data they need to make strategic decisions
- We are the advisersfor senior leaders as they think through their most challenging organizational issues, armed with both data and sound judgment
- We roll up our sleeves and work side by side with Talent to ensure were delivering value quickly and pragmatically, crafting and executing function-specific solutions based on the broader Talent architecture and surfacing function-specific feedback to Talent to help build better global solutions
You will act as a strategic thought partner supporting our Algorithms & Analytics organization, with a headcount of over500full-time employees in the US and EU expected to grow significantly over the next year, with talent ranging from Machine Learning experts to Economists and Business Intelligence Analysts, you will have the opportunity to shape your role while supporting the executive team in a critical functional area. Key questions include: How do you support the scale and rapid integration of talent into teams, many of which are doubling in size over the next year? What organizational design decisions and change management efforts are needed to support the evolving vision of a group that partners closely with every key function in the business, from operations to marketing and beyond?
What Youll Do:
- Youll partner closely with our VP of Algorithms & Analytics and their leadership team to develop a strategy to attract, retain and develop the best technical talent
- Youll take the lead on optimizing organizational design to increase speed to value and reduce latency
- You will proactively identify skill and leadership gaps within the organization and propose and implement initiatives to address
- You will analyze key employee data for our Algorithms & Analytics org (e.g., employee engagement surveys, turnover stats, compensation structures, upward feedback) to help improve employee satisfaction, retention and effectiveness
- You will work with HR and key stakeholders to develop long term plans for calibration, compensation and development processes for employees in relevant functional are
- Youll provide strategic business partnership and coaching to key functional partners on performance feedback, leadership development and conflict management
What Youll Need:
- 7+ years of experience or 1+ years post MBA experience preferred
- Experience in management consulting, private equity, investment banking, corporate strategy or at fast-paced technology companies preferred
- You have proven experience in developing a strategy and driving tangible results across teams in an ambiguous environment while leveraging data from a multitude of sources to tell a story and impact the overarching strategy. Advanced excel skills needed
- You have excellent communication skills and a passion for working across functions and with c-level leaders, synthesizing multiple points of view and owning a coherent action plan, all while negotiating and influencing others
- You have strong customer service focus with a sense of urgency and excellent follow through