Senior Manager of FP&A
Zipcar is looking to add a Senior Manager of Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) to the FP&A team, reporting to the Director FP&A. The successful candidate will help Zipcar stay financially successful by informing management and the company on the progress and effectiveness of the company’s plans and recommending options for improvement.
This is a highly influential role to the success of the business at large and will involve successfully influencing a number of different parties across the company.
The candidate will manage of team of analysts in planning, budgeting, forecasting, reporting, monthly close/variance processes, as well as ad hoc analysis.
Day-to-day responsibilities will vary, and are not represented in their entirety here:
• Ultimate ownership for our planning, forecasting, and consolidation tool, Adaptive Planning, and responsibility for building out and improving the model and related forecasting methodologies.
• Oversee FP&A’s role in the monthly close process and preparation of monthly CFO package and related reporting packages.
• Shared presentation of financial results with management and parent company management.
• Liaise with parent company finance, tax, accounting, internal audit personnel.
• Partner with business leaders to understand the business, their budgets, and collaborate on areas of opportunity.
• Assist on Board packs, ad hoc analysis, deals, financial models, and other ad hoc financial responsibilities as necessary.
• Professional development of analyst team.
• Bachelor or Master’s degree in Finance or Accounting, or other proven knowledge of Finance and GAAP.
• 5+ years of experience in financial analysis, forecasting, and budgeting. Previous supervisory experience a plus, but not critical for the right candidate.
• Excellent analytical, critical thinking, problem-solving, interpersonal, and relationship building skills
• Ability to communicate effectively at all levels (including executive team) and articulate ideas, analysis results, and recommendations
• Mastery of Excel. Deep experience building financial models.
• Ability to translate numbers into a story and a story into numbers.
• Deadline driven with a sense of urgency, able to prioritize work.
• Eagerness to improve and learn
As a member of the Zipcar Team you get a great benefits package including health and dental insurance, 401k, vacation time, paid holidays, personal and sick leave, along with a full complement of other insurance and support programs.
Because our work has a global impact, we enthusiastically support each employee’s commitment to creating a better world by offering:
• Free Zipcar membership & discounted driving rates for you and your significant other
• Paid volunteer time off
• Paid parental leave for mothers & fathers
• Training and development programs To accelerate career growth
• Global footprint of job locations and opportunities
• Flexible and open work arrangements
• Fun, respectful, passionate, and collaborative environment
• Educational Assistance Program
• Company sponsored parties, outings, and events
• Discounts on a variety of products and services through Zipcar partners
Zipcar is an EEO Employer