As a key member of the FP&A organization, in this role you will partner with varying constituents across the organization to develop key financial metrics, forecasts, reporting, analyses, and models to drive financial transparency and better inform business decisions.
The Senior Manager, FP&A will draw heavily on their ability to take complex transactional data and develop simple, concise financial dashboards for key stakeholders throughout the organization to review on a regular basis. You will have a sophisticated understanding of financial modeling and knowledge of financial systems and tools to provide financial insights to drive decision-making that yields value for the business. The ideal candidate is a well-rounded performer who thrives in a fast-paced and demanding environment and embraces a collaborative work style. If you are a change agent, thought leader and problem solver, this is a great role for you!
Specific Objectives and Responsibilities
- Develop and refine sophisticated financial models to forecast various financial metrics including bookings, billings and revenue.
- Partner with the global sales organization to align on reporting requirements and ensure continuity of reporting structure.
- Manage a North American FP & A team of 3-4 individuals.
- Partner with the Business Intelligence organization and clarify reporting requirements to provide desired financial reporting set by Finance and Company leadership teams.
- Support current system integrations to ensure continuity of reporting.
- Enable team members and business partners to leverage reporting developed to automate and standardize manual processes.
- Leverage tools to develop and maintain reporting for key metrics, including analyzing and communicating key drivers to internal stakeholders.
- Partner with the Sales and Marketing leadership to report and forecast on critical business spend to generate topline results.
- Perform ad-hoc analyses to support various business initiatives and special projects.
What will make you successful at Carbonite:
- A track record of good judgment and decision-making in positions with significant responsibility
- Highly autonomous and able to independently identify high value projects and drive them completion
- Demonstrated leadership capability in cross-functional team environments
- High degree of comfort with complex technical environments
- Having and being able to articulate/defend an informed opinion on important topics
- BS in Finance, Accounting or other related field; 8+ years of progressive experience in financial planning, reporting and analysis. 2+ years of experience as a team leader and preferred experience within SaaS.
- Proven experience developing and managing financial models; exceptional computer skills with a range of relevant financial software packages and expert Excel skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; strong customer focus with the demonstrated ability to build and maintain long-term relationships.
- Demonstrated history of developing executive level dashboards that provide clear, concise business results.
- Strong ability to breakdown and understand financial results, and effectively handle multiple deliverables in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including proven ability to work comfortably with senior executives.
- Must be detail oriented, and eager to adapt and drive change. You should also have a continuous improvement mindset for the business and your team.
Together Carbonite—a leader in data protection and Webroot—a leader in data security—form the SMB and Consumer Division of OpenText. The mission of our joint offering is to make cyber resilience simple, reliable and accessible in the connected world. We enable comprehensive data protection for companies, consumers, and our vast network of partners around the globe.
Our business requires top talent. We foster a thriving, dynamic environment rich with inventive minds and entrepreneurial spirit. From engineering to sales and marketing, operations and customer support, our employees are empowered and encouraged to build their careers at OpenText.
We pride ourselves on hiring standout candidates who shine in a workplace that encourages collaboration and teamwork. We are growing fast, and looking for talented candidates around the globe. Are you ready to grow with us?
Carbonite, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer does not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. Upon request, accommodations will be made available during the recruitment process for applicants with a disability. If you require accommodations, we will work with you to provide or arrange for the provision of suitable accommodation wherever possible. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.