We are looking for a Senior Manager to join our Clinicals product team within our Core Services Engineering organization. We deliver technology that allows doctors to be doctors so that they can spend more time doing what they do best: provide patient care. But enough about us; lets talk about you.
You are responsible for technical leadership, building the team, coaching and mentoring the team. You will ensure the team adopts the best engineering practices and adheres to appropriate Development Methodology.
The Team: Our athenaClinicals Ambulatory team builds code that matters, working on the beating heart of doctors workflows that is used by over 100,000 healthcare providers daily. We build the interface that makes the interactions between these providers and the electronic health record as seamless as possible, and elevates what the doctor needs to see, when they need to see it. This team is innovative, passionate, and driven by our mission to help make an impact.
- Maintain technical knowledge of the product line in terms of architecture, tech stack, dependencies, scale and performance for their area of assignment
- Drive release planning for teams within span of control and contribute to the annual strategic planning process
- Identify and manage team-based risks and dependencies in partnership with product management and TPM as applicable
- Ensures delivery of quality releases through management of direct reports; conduct code reviews as needed
- Maintain working knowledge of the product line in terms of usage, business value, road map, and user perspective for their area of assignment.
- 10 to 12 years of experience leading teams in a technical environment
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent in software engineering or computer science
- Experience in distributed systems and cloud-based architecture
- Familiarity with Univ/Linux, Big Data, SQL, NOSQL, and various other technologies
- Expertise in object oriented programing, relational database technologies, distributed computing tech (Hadoop, spark), RESTful API, WebUI (HTML 5) and Modern JS frameworks
- Our Vision: To create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
- Our Location: This role is based in Watertown, MA, just a few miles outside of Boston. Watertown is our Global Headquarters and our campus, the Arsenal on the Charles, is home to several restaurants, a local gym and large outdoor space. This office also has a cafeteria, coffee caf and food trucks that rotate every day.
- Our Culture: At athenahealth, our employees (or athenistas) are committed to making healthcare smarter. Our success is dependent on the diversity, collective spirit, and contributions of our people, clients and partners. We value teamwork and believe that the strength of our team comes from supporting each other and leveraging our specialized skills. If you are looking for company that will enable you to work outside of your comfort zone to transform the healthcare ecosystem, athenahealth is the place for you.
- Our Perks: Along with health & financial benefits, our athenistas are offered a variety of perks that promote employee wellbeing such as commuter support, collaborative workspaces and dog-friendly offices - just to name a few.