Senior Manager, Engineering
We're seeking a highly motivated technology leader with a strong understanding of agile, software design and engineering best practices. He/she will lead the build out of a technology platform that is critical to the success of Cogito.This manager will lead a team of ~10 engineers.
The person in this role will own the design, development, test and maintenance of our platform application and pioneer technologies/practices that accelerate the innovation of our team. We want our manager to have deep and broad technical expertise to lead the platform team in building great software. This is a great opportunity to work in a fast paced environment on a highly visible and critical platform in partnership with a talented development organization.
- Bachelors or greater degree in Computer Science, Math, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
- Recent experience as a technology manager and in a hands-on technical lead role
- Coaching and mentoring skills to leading development teams
- Experience in architectural patterns, micro-services, messaging/event driven frameworks and enterprise databases in an agile environment
- Experience with progressive and optimal engineering practices in test driven development and CI/CD pipelines
- Cloud / AWS, distributed / in memory data caches, machine learning algorithms all nice to have
- Strong technical practice discipline and people leadership
- Ability to working collaboratively with internal and external technology and business partners
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to focus on the big picture, with a drive toward positive business impact
- Ability to inspire and build a culture of innovative and progressive software engineering
Ability to motive by leading the team in an environment offering:
- Autonomy to innovate, be creative, and have no fear of failure
- Mastery to become a master of different technologies
- Purpose to understand the business and the value-add we offer
Your choice of comprehensive benefits for you and your familys health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
Monthly catered lunch and live product demos
401(k) retirement plan options
Ongoing professional development and cross-training
20 days vacation time and 11 company holidays (yes, Patriots Day is a holiday)
Company paid parental leave upon hire
Competitive pay, stock options, and annual bonus eligibility
Casual dress and fun office atmosphere
Pre-tax commuter benefits
Stocked groceries in the kitchen
Office location in the heart of Boston with convenience to the MBTA lines
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Cogito is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fair hiring practices and to creating a welcoming environment for all team members. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, familial status or veteran status.
Authorization to Work:
Applicants for employment in the US must be authorized to work in the US.