At American Well, we believe digital care delivery will transform healthcare. Our mission is to connect and enable providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. We do this by partnering with our clients to deliver video visits over mobile and web. We have doctors, therapists, and specialists on staff to help people get care when and where they need it most.
The Senior Marketing Manager, Messaging will own cross-channel messaging strategies and end-to-end execution of consumer messaging campaigns for American Wells direct to consumer brand, Amwell, and our enterprise clients (including healthcare leaders like The Cleveland Clinic, Intermountain Healthcare and Anthem). You will create holistic marketing campaigns using email and other mobile messaging channels (push, in-app, SMS) to drive consumer acquisition and retention.
This role will provide the opportunity to define and implement innovative messaging strategies for large consumer facing applications and work closely with our paid marketing, product, social, analytics and engineering teams.
- Create campaigns for the full customer lifecycle using channels like email, push notifications, in-app messages and SMS.
- Guide engagement strategy for our direct to consumer brand (Amwell) and enterprise clients
- Define success metrics and goals for messaging programs and deliver on them
- Optimize conversion and performance of campaigns for a variety of key actions
- Interact with clients to showcase messaging campaigns, understand their needs and drive success of our messaging program
- Analyze the performance of the messaging campaigns you create, presenting the results to senior leadership both internally and externally.
- Collaborate closely with the overall consumer marketing team to brainstorm new ideas and create experiments out of those messaging ideas to drive growth
- 3-5 years of marketing experience focused on messaging (email and/or push), ideally at a direct to consumer brand or marketing agency
- Strong presentation, PowerPoint and Excel skills
- Strong experience with a multi-channel messaging platform such as Braze or Leanplum, including mobile messaging (push notifications, in-app messages, SMS messages)
- Strong digital analytics experience
- Experience developing segmentation and targeting strategies to test and learn how best to communicate with a population
- Experience with conversion optimization, A/B testing, statistical significance and marketing experimentation
- Bachelors degree required, preferably with a focus in marketing or communication
Great to have:
- Experience in monitoring and improving inbox placement and deliverability
- Experience operating in a regulated environment; experience with HIPAA and privacy a plus
- HTML knowledge
- Experience and understanding of mobile marketing
- A love of learning (especially about marketing and technology!)
- A growth mindset as a person and professional
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and a how can we get this done attitude
- Good writer with keen attention to detail
- Scrappy, resilient
- Think deeply, but also act quickly
- Curious no fear of asking questions and willing to admit that you dont know the answer
- Were in an industry that is constantly evolving, so comfort with ambiguity is very important
- Low ego, a team player
Should you join American Well and the Marketing team, you can expect:
The marketing team is a collaborative, data-driven and creative team comprised of; corporate communications, corporate marketing, client marketing, and consumer marketing. Because American Well is the leader in a fast-growing industry, we have the dual opportunity and challenge of building our brand while we simultaneously educate and excite people about telemedicine. We are the companys and our clients go-to marketing agency. Were responsible for company branding and promotion, customer utilization and success, prospect and product marketing, as well as supporting client retention and business development through outreach, strategy, content, and events.
Working at American Well:
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. Were a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
- Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
- 401K match
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
- Free gym access on-site
- Prime office space with views overlooking all of Boston
- Complimentary snacks and drinks
More Jobs From