Liaison, offers the following:
A place to work with fun, smart, collaborative and driven people. Liaison is unique in that we are an established and stable company but have that fast-paced energy and feel of a start-up. Our SaaS based admissions management. enrollment marketing and analytics software and services helps millions of students take the next step in their academic career and is utilized by over 5,000 academic programs!!
We are seeking a capable, motivated, and flexible IT resource to lead our DevOps team. If you love tackling problems head-on, enjoy coming up with creative solutions for complex problems and like keeping yourself updated with the latest trends in technology, then you will fit in well with our team. We run a fast-paced but casual team that operate in a supportive atmosphere.
Location: Watertown, MA
- Plan, direct and oversee the day-to-day operations of the DevOps Team
- Mentor, coach and motivate the DevOps team to perform at the highest level
- Lead cross-functional teams in a hands-on manner, diagnose complex issues on the various platforms, and play a leading role in software/platform/application architecture
- Ensure that the DevOps and Engineering teams involved in the software delivery life cycle are working together on a common objective towards quality and velocity of software delivery
- Improve team efficiency by increasing automation, removing bottlenecks, adherence to agile processes and promoting collaboration within the Software Engineering organization
- Play a strategic role in the design and build of state-of-the-art application/infrastructure systems with the high emphasis on security
- Manage service delivery, systems reliability and scalability of a multi-tenant platform in a SaaS based environment
- Build, configure, and maintain the frameworks, tools, and systems that enable optimal performance of the business applications
- Accountable for all aspects of code deployment in a CI/CD model and technical operations, which includes resource management (internal or Managed Service Provider), risk management, internal/external communications and status reporting to the senior management.
- Monitor system logs and identify/resolve problems proactively.
- Create, maintain and update system documentation
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 7+ years of experience working in a Linux/Unix environment
- 2+ years of experience with Kubernetes
- 3+ years of Management experience in DevOps, Release Engineering or Software Engineering
- 5+ years of experience in a DevOps capacity
- 5+ years of experience in designing, deploying and maintaining highly available applications in the cloud (preferably AWS)
- 3+ years’ experience using source control systems such as Git
- 3+ years’ experience using/working with continuous integration systems like Jenkins.
- Leadership and project management experience with strong understanding of tools and automation frameworks.
- Demonstrated experience working in agile environments
- Experience in systems automation, virtualization, orchestration, continuous integration, deployment, and implementation.
- Experience in scaling distributed data systems, deploying and managing software in production environment and container-based service deployment using Docker and ability to use various open source technologies. Skills in infrastructure automation tools, for example, Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Salt is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with the Atlassian Tools such as JIRA/Confluence.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly grasp new technologies.
- Must be action oriented, capable of multitasking well based on priorities.
- Strong team player who enjoys working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- Ability to work under pressure, multiple deadlines and minimal supervision