Report to the Director of Direct Procurement. The organizations mission is to provide delightful, customer focused services to the entire Motional, and you will be a cornerstone of this organization focusing on direct procurement support for vehicle related projects.
What you'll do:
- Lead strategic sourcing of sensors (Lidar, Radar and other relevant parts) for our vehicle, including creating RFXs in collaboration with with vehicle engineers and TPMs, vendor selection, negotiate the cost, business terms and collaborate legal to negotiate the legal terms for the various direct supplier deals
- Collaborate with vehicle engineering and quality engineers to monitor, evaluate and escalate any issues with the vendors; conduct quarterly business reviews with the various suppliers
- Create a dashboard and track, analyze and report vehicle BOM cost and NRE cost to the senior management to ensure adherence to budget and report on savings
- Seek guidance, involve ensure alignment with Chief Strategy Officer to ensure we leverage his industry knowledge and network
- Provide industry background, insight and intel to the engineering team and be an trusted advisor to engineering in terms of the most cutting edge technology development and should cost
- Collaborate with a team of inventory management/logistics professionals to ensure all parts and components are meeting proper supply demands and ready to build
What you'll bring:
- 5-10 years of experience in a strategic sourcing role for complex design and manufacturing of complex systems (consumer products, automotive, etc.)
- Ability to lead strategic sourcing, RFXs, pricing and other business term negotiation and to understand and negotiate certain key legal terms (warranty, indemnification, limitation of liability, etc)
- Experience in working with a large cross functional team in an extremely dynamic environment
- Can do attitude, can roll up the sleeves and dive into the details quickly
- Data driven approach to tracking, monitoring and reporting BOM cost, NRE and related savings
- Comfort to brief senior executives on results, obstacles and escalations
Bonus Points (but not required):
- Automotive experience, especially in self driving cars
- Blue chip procurement experience (Apple, Google, Facebook, GE)
- Engineering background, especially in EE and ME, Soc, lidar/rador
- Experience in running a MRP and inventory management/logistics/quality
- Legal background and/or knowledge
- Certification in supply chain, scrum, agile six sigma
- MBA a big plus
Motional is making driverless vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
Our team is commercializing a world-class driverless system. The Motional team is behind some of the industrys largest leaps forward in the last decade, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the worlds first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the worlds most-established public robotaxi fleet. Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group, one of the worlds largest vehicle manufacturers offering smart mobility solutions, and Aptiv, a global technology leader in advanced safety, electrification, and vehicle connectivity, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.
More Jobs From