For owners and operators of commercial real estate, HqO is an end-to-end tenant experience (TeX) operating system and data and analytics platform that strengthens relationships with current and prospective tenants. We unlock business value for owners while bringing property management, marketing, and leasing teams closer to their customers. For building occupants, HqO is an award-winning tenant app connecting employees to the communities in and around their building and empowering them with tools to control their workday. Join our story and help empower our customers to build a stronger community in offices worldwide.
Our core values of Lets Go (Learning, Excellence, Truth, Speed, Goodness, Ownership) define our culture and push us to be our best. Were excited to grow our team and learn from people that want to make a difference. If you love what you do and youre interested in being part of our journey, we want to hear from you.
We build the digital experiences that elevate physical office space
As the successful candidate for this position, you will be involved throughout the engineering and operation of the HqO product suite, executing on B2C and B2B roadmaps while scaling through our platform evolution. Reporting to a Director of Engineering, you will manage teams of engineers plus offshore contractors in close collaboration with Product Management ensuring cross-team transparency, communication, and effectiveness.
- Proactively drive the vision for BI, analytics, and data warehousing. Define and execute on a plan to achieve that vision.
- Help manage existing data resources and drive scalable data practices.
- Mentor and manage other engineers, instructing them on data science architecture and ensuring data engineering best practices are being followed.
- Lead your team in solving challenging problems drawing on your years of technical expertise.
- Assist in release and deployment events, helping to ensure the best possible customer experience when the rubber meets the road.
- Track objectives, dependencies, status, and results of your team while leading by example to facilitate aspects of our Agile/Scrum development process
- Intimately involved in the hiring and onboarding process for new engineers
- Giving feedback to team members regularly, working with Engineers on career development plans, and driving a regularly conducted employee review process
- 12+ years in data engineering and still desire to be a player-coach.
- Experience managing software development teams and is responsible for driving delivery.
- Fully versed in Agile/Scrum development processes and principles and youve lived its life cycle from requirements through post-deployment.
- Mentorship expertise in Linux, GitHub, AWS, SQL, and strong proficiency in Python as well as analytics databases (e.g., Snowflake or another columnar DB) and associated pipelines.
- Experience working with unstructured data and complex ELT processes; you should be able to tune streaming and batch processing applications to increase throughput.
- A passion for growing talent and have focused on team building, motivating, mentoring, goal setting, and career planning.
- A desire to build recruiting programs and the proactive attitude to be involved in our hiring processes
- Active engagement in projects, meetups, or other activities designed to maintain your skills.
- You have simplified and streamlined in a complex setting; your passions for execution excellence have made an impact.
- Experience working with IOT data.
- Experience with I18N/L10N as we are going global.
- Experience building software in commercial real estate