Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. Were the most-visited car-shopping site in the US and we are growing fast in our international markets. Ready to come along for the ride?
CarGurus is looking for a Senior Manager, Digital Retail Business Operations Manager to deliver strategic leadership and will work alongside leadership teams in Sales, Marketing, Business Development, Finance, and Product. You will help draft, lead, evaluate and operationalize cross-functional decisions that will enable near and long-term growth objectives across the broadest network of automotive dealers in the country. The right candidate earns trust cross functionally through outstanding performance, effective communication skills, and a strong record of delivering analytically driven results timely and effectively.
What You'll Do:
- Develop strategic direction and business plans for the company with regard to the commercialization of new critical initiatives; you will be forward thinking and agile, bringing new tactics and ideas to test
- Continuously observe business fundamentals. Proactively discover problems before they occur and find opportunities that move the business forward
- Develop collaborative working relationships across the organization; work with these cross-functional business partners to ensure the successful development, deployment, adoption, monetization and growth of the Digital Retail solution across all levels of customer size and complexity.
- Create, implement and achieve business plan goals and financial objectives.
- Develop operating plans and measure progress, evaluate performance and adjust strategic roadmap accordingly; develop and refine management systems to ensure visibility by consistent monitoring of business objectives.
Who You Are:
- 10+ years of experience, with at least 7 years of product management, program leadership or consulting experience.
- Post-graduate degree in Business or Tech (MBA, MS)
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with the ability to create compelling positioning/messaging strategy and present complex information clearly and concisely
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to drive necessary actions.
- Team leadership skills with experience in hiring and developing top talent
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary (e.g. owner mentality)
- Experience in technology and/or SAAS a plus
- SalesForce and BI (Looker) experience a plus
- Proven success in taking new and ground-breaking products to market
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
At CarGurus, we invest in our peoples professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the companyour way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the worlds most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency dont just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potentialwhere you dont just fit, you thrive. We dont discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
CarGurus employees in the US can choose to work from home / remotely for the duration of 2021, or participate in a phased return to our beautiful office spaces. We expect most roles to be in-office at least 3 days a week beginning January 2022. In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada and the UK. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.