Senior Manager, Business Analytics
Senior Manager Business Analytics, Flights & Cars
TripAdvisor provides a unique, global work environment that captures the speed, innovation and excitement of a startup, at a thriving, growing and well-established industry tech brand. Youll be part of a dynamic, fun, and energetic team where you can immediately make meaningful contributions.
At TripAdvisor Flights, Cruise & Car, the only thing we love more than travel is data. We slice it, we dice it, and we use it to empower our decision making. In fact, most would be surprised at just how many people in our office can write their own SQL queries.
The Flights, Cruise & Car Analytics Team is seeking a Senior Manager who has the analytical skills and business experience to support numerous end users from an analytics and measurement perspective, driving out insight to influence valuable change, and is looking to join a fast-growing all-star team dedicated to providing the highest quality data driven insights.
What You will do:
- Lead and form analysis/reporting of current business operating metrics, focused on developing the capability to provide insight into TripAdvisor's flights and car rentals products and improving TripAdvisor's understanding of its market-by-market customer propositions and competitor positioning
- Be a leader within the team, ensuring the best approaches, coaching, developing and managing senior and junior members of the team, to deliver the highest standards and capability.
- You will have an excellent approach to managing your analytics projects and tasks, working closely with stakeholders, understanding and managing priorities, also ensuring results are communicated clearly and concisely.
- Manage bi-weekly prioritization meetings with multiple stakeholders across Product, Sales & Marketing for both the Flights & Cars business. Create consensus in prioritization for both stakeholder-initiated analyses as well as analytics driven initiatives.
- Understand strategic roadmaps and actively influence these driving actionable change.
- Proactively form ideas of new approaches, new analytical projects that could be developed and implemented
- Drive timely insights and analytical support to different internal stakeholders to support effective business decision-making, ensuring other analysts are working collaboratively to drive the same.
- Work across all aspects of our e-commerce platform (consumer supplier sales etc.) to understand holistic business performance, and how these fit to the broader strategy. Build a deep knowledge, and become a subject area expert.
- Lead on the measurement of A/B testing or multivariate testing analysis to provide insights of true business impact, using deep dive to understand the results
- Actively work with the BI/Data Systems team to drive optimal data structures and approaches.
- Actively work with the Data Science team to identify opportunities and help inform their efforts.
What You will bring to the team:
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills. Impeccable attention to detail.
- Ability to translate and present technical information to a non-technical audience.
- Ability to distill large amounts of information into succinct actionable and measurable steps.
- Proactive not reactive work ethic with the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities.
- Experience : 7-10 years of experience in an analytical role (ideal backgrounds include: a similar Analyst role at a web company, a data-based consulting role, or other data strategy type positions)
- Management Experience, managing and leading a team of analysts.
- Bachelors degree with quantitative discipline (engineering, mathematics, statistics, and/or analytics). Masters Degree a plus.
- Advanced SQL and knowledge of database table structures.
- Advanced proficiency with Tableau, PowerBI, or other visualization tool(s).
- Proficiency with Excel and pivot tables.
- Confident with learning new tools, technologies, and methodologies