Who We Are: The Brand Development team is responsible for catapulting Wayfair into the leading destination for all things home by continuing to build and evolve customer recognition and attachment to our brands, across all Wayfair stores, geographies, and our extended family of brands.
What Youll Do: Youll have the incredible opportunity to play a leadership role in accelerating our brand-building efforts for the global Wayfair Inc brand. You will drive the long-term success of Wayfair by enabling on-brand executional excellence, managing long-term brand programs and advancing a brand-oriented culture by working with teams across the organization to influence how consumers experience our brand at every touchpoint. The ideal candidate is inspired by big ideas and driven to build a breakthrough brand. You will be a senior leader who not only appreciates the craft and art of brand building, but is also a strategic, systematic brand thinker with the cross-functional skills required to get things done. To be successful in this role, you must be a left-brain/right-brain thinker who is able to marry instinct with rigor. You have strong consumer intuition and a solid analytical foundation necessary to validate it. You are motivated by insight and hypothesis-led. You are a charismatic influencer, capable of mobilizing internal and external teams towards a common objective.
- Partner across business units and geographies to develop and execute against a 2-3 year brand experience roadmap that will bring the brand to life across the consumer journey
- Engage and educate the organization to build broad understanding of the brand and our consumer including management of a group of internal brand champions who can engage the organization at local/department levels
- Devise engaging mediums to communicate brand and consumer priorities to employees events, trainings, activities, etc to bring our customer problems and consumer perceptions to life in exciting, experiential ways
- Develop resources and references that collectively serve as the source of truth for the brand, at scale (e.g., a brand portal, collateral for training and orientation)
- Create an internal system and set of guardrails to identify and enable cohesive and consistent expression of the brand, at scale
- Help advance our portfolio of brand identity elements to strengthen consumer awareness, attachment, affinity, consideration to our brand
Who You Are:
- Highly collaborative, you can build and leverage strong relationship with leaders and partners to secure buy-in and resources
- Relentless customer focus, you can lead large, cross-functional brand projects that have significant and lasting impact on customer experience
- Expert at prioritization, you can evaluate needs of multiple stakeholders and make decisions as to which brand initiatives are (and are not) critical to the business
- Excellent communicator, you can engage and inspire across levels, functions and geographies by leveraging strong communication and facilitation skills
- Highly detail oriented when managing multiple projects and timelines in partnership with a broad range of internal stakeholders
- Track record of championing innovative ideas and approaches while vetting associated risks and finding ways to test, learn and scale
What Youll Need:
- 7+ years of relevant experience, with expertise in brand management; experience with tech, CPG, or ecommerce/retail brands preferred
- Knowledge of the ever-evolving industry landscape, trends, and competitors
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills; collaborative team player who wants to see themselves and others thrive
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to tailor communication style based on audience
- Demonstrated ability to take ambiguous goals and manage execution for a large scale project with multiple interdependencies
- Capacity to multitask and work well within a dynamic, fast-paced organization
- Proactive, forward thinking and ability to synthesize disparate information effectively and quickly into clear recommendations, actions, and decisions
- Strong background in data-driven decision making, coupled with having an appreciation for brand and consumer experience
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.