Senior Manager, Benefits & Wellness (Boston, No Opportunity for Remote)
We are looking to hire a Senior Manager to manage wellness, perks, annual recurring initiatives, employee communications and implementation of new programs. You will manage a small but mighty team of one or two direct reports and will be a part of the Global Benefits Team of 6-8 people. Together you will serve our global workforce of ~18k employees. In this role you will assess our current efforts to help employees and teams focus on wellbeing, and identify opportunities to keep us moving forward as we navigate a new normal post-pandemic. Youll define key metrics to gauge progress and success, and be comfortable working with numbers to understand costs and return. Youll design and own a global communication strategy to ensure that our team members understand resources available to them. Additionally you will own all vendor relationships outside of our core benefits offerings (e.g. retirement and healthcare). This includes perks related to parental support, physical fitness, and fringe benefits. You will be charged with vetting and exploring new partnerships to keep employees engaged, and put together more formal reporting to gauge existing vendor health.
You and your team will also manage key seasonal initiatives and special projects. In this capacity you will partner closely with your team members in Benefits and Talent Management more broadly. This includes but is not limited to: directing Open Enrollment for US employees, designing and analyzing our annual global Benefits & Wellness survey, proposing new or revised company policies (e.g. bereavement, PTO, parental leave). The position requires you to be highly collaborative as you work closely with senior partners within several teams including Talent, HRIS, Finance and Legal across Wayfair both domestically and abroad.
What Youll Do:
- Own our full suite of wellness and perks offerings, ensuring these programs support Wayfairs values, priorities, and changing business needs across the globe
- Develop tight reporting to understand return on investment and make recommendations on any needed shifts in strategy or spend
- Work with the Benefits Team and external consultants to benchmark and assess current programs and policies to determine best in class offerings and understand any gaps in our plans, and costs associated with potential shifts to more competitive offerings
- Think creatively about employee wellbeing and inclusion
- Develop and implement a comprehensive wellness and benefits communication strategy to drive awareness of global or local initiatives
- Evaluate and negotiate with third party vendors and providers with a focus on costs and the highest level of service to Wayfair people across the globe.
- Lead the team in continuing to develop a global approach to wellness and evaluate the ROI on all programs
- Work with leaders across our Supply Chain, Sales & Service, and Corporate populations to understand needs within teams and how our approach may need to shift accordingly
What Youll Need:
- 5+ years of experience in wellness and benefits development, management and implementation in a large, fast paced organization
- Background in benefits communications or communications strategy preferred
- Experience with Workday or a similar HRIS platform
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Comfort with numbers is a must
- Proven ability to work with diverse employee populations and evaluate varying needs
- Spanish and/or Hatian Creole language skills a plus
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.