Who we are
The App Marketing team owns the full-funnel strategy (i.e. app user growth and retention) across Wayfair and the four Luxury and Specialty Retail Brands apps (AllModern, Birch Lane, Joss & Main, Perigold). We operate as a well-funded startup, responsible for full-funnel app marketing including digital advertising to drive installs (e.g. Facebook, Google, etc.), App Store optimization, push notifications, app re-engagement campaigns and owned media strategy. We partner closely with internal teams such as Data Science, Ad Tech, App Product, Promotions, and Creative to expand our advertising reach and provide a more personalized and sticky app experience to increase the CLV of our users. The app is a strategic lever for the business and is growing quickly. As such, this is a great opportunity to generate measurable impact for the business in a high-visibility role.
What youll do
- Own the user growth strategy & roadmap, driving awareness and adoption of the app throughout the Wayfair US and Canada customer file and efficiently growing our app user base through delivery of high-quality installs
- Manage and optimize multi-million dollar advertising budgets, partnering closely with external vendors, including Google, Facebook and Apple, to test new growth products and advertising tools, and influence their strategic roadmaps
- Develop and execute owned media strategies (e.g., email, mobile web placements), building scalable, automated capabilities (e.g., targeting, creative) to integrate app messaging into established customer touchpoints
- Evaluate potential and build business case for reinstall strategy (targeting rules, willingness to pay for users who have previously uninstalled)
- Evolve app measurement framework, defining rigorous understanding of app incrementality and program benefits
- Analyze program performance & ROI, identify trends, and create opportunities for improvement while reacting to deviations from plan quickly and strategically
- Institute rigorous reporting and test-and-learn methodology to achieve desired results
- Work cross-functionally with Data Science, Ad Tech, and Creative to develop and test new models, audiences and messaging to further grow channel
Who you are
- Dynamic self-starter with high operational acumen and an entrepreneurial mindset looking to make a big impact in a growing organization
- Strategic thinker with a customer-first mindset and a desire for creative problem solving
- Demonstrated success influencing senior level stakeholders on strategic direction based on recommendations backed by in-depth analysis; Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills; comfortable getting deep in a data-driven environment
- Collaborative team player who wants to see themselves and others thrive. Experience mentoring and developing a team of analysts preferred
- BA in quantitative field (finance, economics, statistics, mathematics, engineering, marketing)
- 5+ years of experience working in a quantitative-driven field (consulting, finance, investment banking, product management) or prior marketing experience
- Familiarity with Excel, SQL, and Test and Learn practices
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.