Office Tour Photos
Do you like to solve complex business problems and analyze big data to drive effective decision-making? Are you excited to work in a collaborative environment with natural bias for action and where we win as a team? Are you motivated to be a senior leader within a fast growing organization and mentor a team of people to think big, take smart risks and drive continuous improvement? If yes, then this could be the right role for you!
The Wayfair Demand Forecasting team drives supply chain efficiencies across Wayfair and its Suppliers by creating best-in-class demand management products using advanced machine learning and economics. We produce decision frameworks, data artifacts and tools to enable trade-off decisions between product availability, delivery speed and cost. We collaborate cross-functionally across Data Science, Engineering, Product, Operations, and Business functions to tackle complex, big-picture problems head-on. Wayfair is in the midst of a rapid buildout of physical assets which will soon total 100+ facilities across the United States, Canada, and Europe and our work is key to ensuring efficient deployment of capital for both Wayfair and its 10000+ suppliers. As a result, this is a key strategic initiative at the company and is a highly visible function.
What Youll Do:
- Frame the demand and supply planning strategy in collaboration with business and operations teams
- Determine the impact of business strategy changes on customer demand in collaboration with business and operations teams, and plan for the impact in demand forecasts
- Provide oversight on the outputs of data science models and creatively override outputs as needed using data-driven approaches to solve ongoing business needs in the short-term
- Participate in brainstorming with product management and data science teams to determine algorithmic solutions for longer-term performance improvements
- Provide oversight on the quality of inputs feeding data science models and improve the quality of existing inputs / source new inputs as needed
- Collaborate with product management, product analytics, data science and engineering teams to define the product vision, strategy, improvement roadmaps and approach for initiative prioritization
- Lead and mentor a strong group of analysts
What Youll Need:
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Economics, Mathematics or a related quantitative or technical field
- 5+ years of work experience in strategic and/or analytical roles
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated experience in turning big data sets into actionable insights
- Resourcefulness in making intelligent assumptions when data is not available
- Ability to leverage empirical learning to drive business strategy
- Strong written and verbal communication skills ability to influence internal teams and senior leaders
- Demonstrated success in collaborating with cross-functional teams
- An entrepreneurial mindset, with a bias for action and ability to deal with ambiguity
- Advanced degree such as MS or MBA is preferred, but not required
- Experience working with technologies such as SQL, R, Tableau is preferred, but not required
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
More Jobs From