What You'll Do
- Lead and develop the Vendor Accounts Payable team.
- Set the short, medium and long-term strategy for the Vendor Accounts Payable team (people, process and systems).
- Oversee the monthly accounting close process working closely with accounting and business finance to ensure the validity of the financials and report results to senior management.
- Maintain end to end responsibility for key AP processes and work with engineering, service and other internal teams to understand and improve accounts payable systems and processes.
- Drive process improvements and contribute to accounts payable transformation projects including the implementation of Coupa P2P.
- Conduct financial, statistical and business analysis, forecasting, and spreadsheet modeling, using large data sets and a broad range of tools and technologies, for the variety of purposes, including forecasting payments and various scenarios to achieve required cash levels, optimizing vendor payment terms, among other purposes.
- Design and implement AP policies and internal controls.
- Ensure vendor invoices and employee expense reports are processed timely and accurately.
- Ensure compliance with income tax classification, use tax and tax reporting.
- Value collaboration and be willing to take on ad-hoc requests.
What You'll Need
- Bachelors Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business
- 5+ years experience in Finance Operations, Accounts Payable, Audit or Consulting role, including in a team / people manager capacity
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to thrive in a high growth and entrepreneurial environment where strong project management skills and the ability to juggle multiple priorities are a must
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees and executive management
- Articulate and persuasive communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience working in a highly detail-oriented environment
- Track record of identifying process improvements (technology and non-technology driven) and independently driving them from identification to implementation.
- An ability to hit the ground running and learn quickly; a self-starter
- Proficiency with Coupa P2P tools is a plus
- The ideal candidate is an energetic, self-starter and will drive the development of the Vendor Accounts Payable team on a consistent basis with minimal step-by-step guidance from management.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.