PathAI's mission is to improve patient outcomes with AI-powered pathology. Our platform promises substantial improvements to the accuracy of diagnosis and the efficacy of treatment of diseases like cancer, leveraging modern approaches in machine learning. Rigorous science and careful analysis is critical to the success of everything we aspire to do. Our team, comprising of diverse employees with a wide range of backgrounds and experiences, is passionate about solving challenging problems and making a huge impact.
This is a Full Time Position.
We're looking for experienced machine learning engineers to join our team and help solve some of these challenges. You will have the opportunity to work in a company culture that puts employees first, is relaxed but focused and hard-working. Every PathAI employee is a contributor to our mission to pioneer better patient care by providing the best, most innovative deep learning tools to biotech, pathologists, clinicians and healthcare organizations. You will work alongside leading innovators in the field of deep learning and medicine, and play a critical role in algorithm development.
- A scientific leader to both guide and execute ML/DL/CV methods research to keep PathAI at the cutting-edge of improving patient outcomes via AI-driven pathology.
- Provide technical guidance to ML engineers and biomedical researchers working on PathAI partner-driven clinical and translational research projects.
- Attain and maintain a thorough, end-to-end understanding of PathAI ML team high-level scientific goals and the tools and processes we use to meet these. Use this understanding to identify and propose new research directions.
- Mentor and coach junior team members as they develop their skills working through their own ML and clinical research projects.
- Experience applying ML to biomedical-domain problems, ideally image-based.
- Applied stats / biostatistics experience.
- Familiarity with software engineering best practices and deploying ML models at scale in production systems
For the right candidate, we'll offer a competitive salary plus equity. Your compensation is rounded out by a strong benefits package:
- Flexible work hours, with work-from-home options available
- Three weeks of paid leave per year, an additional two weeks of sick time, plus extended holidays and team-approved leave
- Ten days of 100% subsidized childcare per year
- Healthcare, vision, and dental insurance plans (HMO or PPO), with voluntary add-ons available for dependent care, life, and accident coverage
- Commuter benefit available for public transit or parking
Most importantly, you'll be doing important work with a team of people you'll genuinely enjoy spending the day with.
PathAI is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace that is free of harassment and discrimination. We base our employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and qualifications that's all. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, health, personal beliefs, age, family or parental status, or any other status. We don't tolerate any kind of discrimination or bias, and we are looking for teammates who feel the same way.
PathAI does not accept unsolicited submissions from third-parties.
With the rise of employment phishing scams, especially during the current COVID-19 situation, we ask candidates to be extra vigilant. Be careful about providing any kind of personal information, such as location, age, or financial information to recruiters who may be impersonating PathAI employees. PathAI does not require payment for interviews or for applicants to purchase their own work supplies for reimbursement.