The machine learning team behind nuScenes (https://www.nuscenes.org), PointPillars (https://arxiv.org/abs/1812.05784), and PointPainting (http://arxiv.org/abs/1911.10150) is looking for engineers and researchers to join us in our mission to launch an autonomous taxi system.
What you'll be doing:
- Design and deploy deep neural networks that predict the future motion of objects around our self-driving car
- Work closely with the Planning team to integrate your motion prediction models with our state-of-the-art driving system
- Conduct experiments, write reports, and file patents
- Develop core deep learning codebase for efficient training and testing pipelines
What we're looking for:
- Masters or PhD in Machine Learning, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Physics or a related field with 3+ years of relevant experience
- Experience designing, training, analyzing, and deploying neural networks for at least one of the following applications: Motion prediction, Behavioral prediction, Intent inference, Object detection, Image segmentation, Sensor fusion, Tracking, Active learning, Anomaly detection, Multitask learning, Network compression, Reinforcement learning, Unsupervised learning
- Fluency in Python or C++.
- Experience with PyTorch or other deep learning frameworks
- Experience deploying deep learning models in a production environment
- You believe that you can achieve more on a team -- that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts
- Passion about self-driving technology and its potential impact on the world
- Leadership experience is a bonus!
Motional is making driverless vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
Our team is commercializing a world-class driverless system. The Motional team is behind some of the industrys largest leaps forward in the last decade, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the worlds first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the worlds most-established public robotaxi fleet. Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group, one of the worlds largest vehicle manufacturers offering smart mobility solutions, and Aptiv, a global technology leader in advanced safety, electrification, and vehicle connectivity, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.
More Jobs From