Our Mission Securing the software that powers your world. At Veracode, we are focused on that mission every day. Veracode is recognized as a premier provider of SaaS-based application security solutions, transforming the way companies secure applications in todays software driven world. We provide our customers with a solid foundation on which to build security into their modern agile development processes.
As a Linux Systems Administrator, you will be responsible for the installation, configuration, and maintenance of our Linux systems. In this role, you will troubleshoot server errors, install new system hardware, respond to user issues, and monitor the performance of the systems. To ensure success as a Linux Systems Administrator, you should have in-depth knowledge of Linux operating systems, excellent troubleshooting skills, and high-level knowledge of computer hardware. A skilled Linux Systems Administrator will ensure the smooth running of the companys computer system and quickly respond to breakdowns and software issues.
- Develop plans and perform infrastructure system maintenance, including patch management, application patching/hotfixes, upgrading, and planned configuration updates
- Automation of manual tasks using scripting and application development
- Deploy Linux systems using automated solutions
- Extensive experience designing, managing, building, configuring and administering Linux environments
- Demonstrate a driven, highly engaged attitude and ability to drive solutions
- Work closely with team members to accomplish tasks and manage projects
- Communicate effectively with both technical and business resources
- Participate in project management planning meetings
- Provide technical analysis, resolve problems, and propose solutions
- Participate in a weekly on-call rotation for after-hours support
- Maintain a configuration management system like Puppet
- Respond to user requests, software errors, and coordinate with, developers, release engineers
- Monitor the performance of the physical and virtual systems
- Maintain VMware ESXi/vCenter implementation and its VMs
- Work in a high-availability production environment and provide maximum uptime to customers
- Maintain AWS accounts and work closely with DevOps to provide additional AWS support
- Assist in the management of a NetApp storage solution
- Maintain monthly AWS AMI image including vulnerability remediation
- Maintain solutions across both a physical datacenter and cloud-based environment
Knowledge and Experience Needed:
- Minimum 4 years of relevant experience
- Extensive knowledge of RedHat/CentOS/Amazon Linux
- Solid experience with AWS or other cloud computer technologies
- Solid experience with automation/configuration management using either Puppet, Chef, Ansible
- Solid experience with VMware management or other virtualization technologies
- Experience with GitLab or other code version control technologies
- Experience using the AGILE/SAFe for planning and managing tasks
- Exposure to Docker, Kubernetes, or other container technologies
- Exposure to NetApp or other storage technologies
- Experience coding with any combination of Perl, Ruby, Bourne, Python, Java, APIs, etc
BA/BS Degree in Computer or Information Technology or Computer Science or Mathematics
RedHat, CentOS or Amazon Linux preferred
- Works independently to perform job duties in accordance with department procedures, policies, and objectives.
- Work requires high level reasoning ability (perceptive, intelligent, imaginative, and flexible) as well as independent judgment, analysis and computer skills. Provides guidance to other staff members.
- Works on several projects concurrently.
- Regularly informs management of work progress and seeks advice or consultation regarding issues or problem areas. Seeks direction from the management for non-routine activities.
The Veracode Way:
We Have a Passion and Commitment for Security
We consider security in everything we do. We act to preserve the trust our customers place in us.
We Help Our Customers Change the World
We deliver peace of mind to our customers so they can focus on the pursuit of their missions.
We Have Big Goals and Expect Big Outcomes
We are results driven. We take risks, compete boldly, and deliver valuable outcomes to our customers.
We Are Committed to Making Progress Together
We collaborate with each other, our user communities, our industry and together lead the world forward.
We Value Each Other
We value diversity. We have empathy for each other and assume positive intent.
We Are Proud to be Veracode
We have fun together. We honor who we are and work hard to achieve our potential.
More About Working at Veracode:
Veracode, is a leader in helping organizations secure the software that powers their world. Veracodes SaaS platform and integrated solutions help security teams and software developers find and fix security-related defects at all points in the software development lifecycle, before they can be exploited by hackers. Our complete set of offerings help customers reduce the risk of data breaches, increase the speed of secure software delivery, meet compliance requirements, and cost effectively secure their software assets- whether thats software they make, buy or sell.
Veracode serves more than 1,400 customers across a wide range of industries, including nearly one-third of the Fortune 100, three of the top four U.S. commercial banks and more than 20 of Forbes 100 Most Valuable Brands. Learn more at www.veracode.com, on the Veracode blog, on Twitter and in the Veracode Community.
At Veracode youll have the opportunity to eliminate barriers for our customers and earn a competitive compensation and total rewards package all while pushing the boundaries of whats possible by collaborating with a diverse team of global innovators. In short, Veracodes fun, diverse, and fast-paced culture has put us on the map as one of the best employers in Information Technology.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
We are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidates race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
More Jobs From