In this role you will be the main legal partner for the company including our sales, marketing and customer success teams. You will also assist the senior leadership team with all strategic initiatives. This role reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer.
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for legal and corporate governance involving close collaboration with sales, marketing, finance, human resources, engineering and other departments on a range of legal matters.
- Structure and negotiate SaaS sales contracts and partnership agreements, working directly with PrismHR’s customers and partners.
- Provide end-to-end contract support (i.e., advising, drafting, negotiating and readying for execution) to our sales, marketing and customer success teams on a broad range of commercial agreements in support of new sales, upsells, renewals, partnerships.
- Create and implement scalable contract policies, process and templates for new business initiatives and to expedite contract review and negotiation.
- Negotiate vendor contracts and work with internal stakeholders.
- Support our Human Resources team with legal employment matters.
- Research, monitor and address relevant industry regulations including on new and emerging employment, privacy, cybersecurity and tech laws to serve as an internal resource on topics of importance to our business.
- Partner with the security team to ensure ongoing compliance with GDPR and other privacy laws and readiness for California Privacy Compliance Act CCPA.
- Work with the product and engineering team to the extent necessary to ensure SOC2 compliance.
- Assist with special projects, as assigned.
- Handle the legal process associated with any mergers and acquisition activities.
- Work with external legal counsel as needed.
- Partner with the CEO & other members of the senior leadership team on the legal issues related to the strategic priorities of the company.
- Become involved in other day-to-day legal matters of importance to the growth of our business.
- Apply innovative problem-solving skills and practical business judgment to minimize legal, compliance and regulatory risks for PrismHR.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS and EXPERIENCE:
- 5 to 10 years of relevant experience (ideally combined between a highly regarded law firm and an in-house legal department in a technology company).
- Law Degree with excellent academic credentials.
- License and certification to practice law in good standing.
- Experience with complex SaaS or Software Sales transactions & partnership agreements.
- Experience identifying and mitigating risks in a complex business environment.
- Strong negotiation and business acumen.
- Attention to detail and follow through.
- Collaborative nature.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with clear and concise drafting skills.
- A passion for entrepreneurship and innovation.
- Ability to balance multiple tasks and priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-starter with an aptitude for learning and creative problem solving.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, flexible and responsive.
- Strong core corporate/transactional/labor law experience.
- Ability to effectively create and implement new and scalable processes.
- Ability to work independently while having good judgment to escalate significant matters
- Pragmatic mindset balancing protecting the company from risk while enabling fast paced growth and innovation.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Worked at a growing B2B software company.
- Experience with employment and corporate law.
- Used contract management software.
- Experience drafting Board resolutions, consents and minutes.
PrismHR is an EO/AA/VEV/Disabled Employer
Diversity Candidates are encouraged to apply
Location: Corporate in Hopkinton, MA
More Jobs From