: Senior Learning & Development Specialist
This is a terrific opportunity for a highly motivated learning and development professional. At Forward Financing, our mission is to be the leading provider of financing solutions to under-served small businesses. As one of the fastest-growing companies in Massachusetts, we are at the forefront of growth in the FinTech space. We are 100% dedicated to this vertical and to achieving our mission.
We are seeking a hands-on, passionate professional, well versed in creating and implementing learning and development programs in a fast-growing organization. As part of our People & Culture (“P&C”) team, your work will directly impact the achievement of company goals and provide career progression options to retain top talent.
In this role you will:
- Collaborate with individuals, departments, and leadership to determine learning and development needs across the company including career, technical, managerial / leadership, and soft-skills to support both the company and individuals in achieving their goals
- Work with leaders, subject matter experts, and external vendors to identify, develop and implement best-in-class training programs that measurably improve performance
- Reinforce recent and current company-wide training such as Radical Candor and DISC
- Analyze performance and recommend solutions to close gaps in knowledge, skills, and behavior
- Schedule and coordinate all learning activities company-wide
- Establish and drive the Learning & Development activities across the company
- Work with the Director of P&C to develop career ladders and progression plans for departments, leadership, and individuals; ensure individuals understand their career progression and opportunities
- Passionate: High energy. “Can-do-attitude.” Enthusiastic. Optimistic, open, and objective toward others.
- Coachable: Open to feedback and continual professional improvement. Flexible and adaptable.
- High Standards: Quality orientation. Follow through on commitments. A doer who gets things done.
- Efficient: Producing significant output with minimal wasted effort, organized planning and prioritization.
- Proactive: Self-starter, continually seeks additional responsibilities. Willingness to go the distance to get something done, including working long hours at times if needed.
- Collaborative: Strong “people orientation.” Can disagree without being abrasive or intimidating. Team player.
- Emotional Intelligence: High degree of self-awareness. Handles interpersonal relationships judiciously and empathetically. Exercises good judgment while under pressure.
- Communicator: Speaks and writes clearly and articulately without being overly verbose or talkative and possesses an openness to people and a willingness to hear what others are saying.
- Prioritization: Tackle several projects simultaneously, aligning the order in which you complete with the most pressing need.
- Judgment: Strong business acumen and excellent logic and reasoning skills, ability to exercise great judgment while working independently in a fast-paced environment.
- A bachelor’s degree in learning and development, organizational development or a related field.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience progressively increasing responsibility in training facilitation and instructional design in a corporate environment.
- Exceptional communication skills. Ability to source and gain buy-in on new initiatives and to communicate sensitive matters.
- Experience in financial services, operations environment preferred.
- Certifications. Not required but a plus: Certifications in Insights Discovery, DISC, Myers-Briggs, NBI, Leadership Circle Profile, or other assessments.
Forward Financing is a Boston-based financial technology company that provides fast, flexible, and reliable working capital to small and medium-sized businesses nationwide. By combining proprietary technology with a team of small business financing experts, Forward Financing delivers same day funding with the speed and simplicity business owners need to succeed and grow. With a simple online application, businesses can trust Forward Financing for approvals within minutes, funding within hours, and personalized support and service when they need it most.
Since 2012, Forward Financing has provided over $500m in funding to more than 10,000 small businesses. Consistently recognized as an industry leader, the company is A+ rated by the Better Business Bureau and receives top ratings across all major customer review platforms. In 2017 and 2018, Forward Financing was named by Inc. Magazine and the Boston Business Journal as one of the fastest-growing companies in Massachusetts. Learn more at www.forwardfinancing.com
At Forward Financing, we believe that if our company succeeds, all of our employees succeed too. We offer a competitive compensation package for highly qualified candidates that are extremely motivated, have a positive attitude, and are able to ramp up quickly. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and commuter benefits along with gym reimbursement, 401K, paid volunteering days and a matching gift program. We work in an open environment with a start-up vibe, conveniently located just steps away from South Station. You will have the opportunity to work with people that enjoy a fun, social office culture.