We are DraftKings.
Were inspired by our shared passion for developing creative solutions to complex challenges and empowering the people around us to do their best work. We are industry leaders in the digital entertainment and technology space propelled by constant curiosity and diverse perspectives.
Our teams are fueled by innovation. We are looking ahead, building whats next, and continuously reinventing the industry. Were a publicly traded (NASDAQ: DKNG) technology company headquartered in Boston, with teams around the world and an expanding global presence.
Be part of a groundbreaking company.
Building the possibilities. As a Senior Lead Software Engineer on the Fantasy Platform team, youll work in a focused team bringing the best new Daily Fantasy Sports experiences to customers. You will be responsible for the technical leadership of our Fantasy Platform team, helping to develop and expand the DraftKings game variants framework and allowing for the rapid development of new game types, sports offerings, and fantasy sports contests. Youll be a creative contributor to our decision-making in building new features that are fun to use, solid, and scalable. Sounds good to you? Join us.
What youll do as a Backend Senior Lead Software Engineer:
- Take ownership of the design, development, operability, and team leadership of the innovations dev team creating new apps and features using current distributed compute methods, primarily written in C#, using SQL and NoSQL data stores in AWS.
- Collaborate with business leads across the company to define milestones and deliverables for new functionality to be added to existing applications; collaborate with technical leadership to design and implement new databases, microservices, and applications.
- Lead the dev team in design sessions, coding practices, and standards, and ensure your team delivers high-quality work that aligns with our mission.
- Contribute to the architecture and design of new strategic initiatives and applications, with a specific focus on new fantasy sports offerings, contest scoring, and large-scale sports data.
- Lead your team in design sessions, code practice, and standards, and ensure your team delivers high-quality work that aligns with the mission of our applications and the Daily Fantasy Sports engineering division.
- Were constantly growing and forming new teams, and helping talented people grow into their strengths. Youll have the opportunity to grow into leadership-level engineering roles or transition into engineering manager roles.
What Skills You Will Use:
- Experience as the expert on a development team where you were responsible for everything from planning to delivering key functionality and periodic maintenance of that functionality.
- Expertise with object-oriented software development, such as C# or Java.
- Strong relational database skills using technologies like MySQL or SQL Server.
- Familiarity with AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud services, infrastructure, and distributed software systems.
- Solid cloud-native experience with containerized microservices, data grids, auto-scaling, and managed infrastructures.
- Ability to write automated comprehensive test suites at all levels of the architecture.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills, real-time decision making, and responsiveness to problem-solving that puts the customer experience first.
We strive to create a place where all feel safe, empowered, engaged, championed, and inspired. DraftKings is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This means we do not tolerate discrimination of any kind and are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender identity, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability.
Ready to build whats next? Apply now.
As a regulated gaming company, you may be required to obtain a gaming license issued by the appropriate state agency as a condition of employment.