We are DraftKings.
Were inspired by our shared passion for developing creative solutions to complex challenges and empowering the people around us to do their best work. We are industry leaders in the digital entertainment and technology space propelled by constant curiosity and diverse perspectives.
Our teams are fueled by innovation. We are looking ahead, building whats next, and continuously reinventing the industry. Were a publicly traded (NASDAQ: DKNG) technology company headquartered in Boston, with teams around the world and an expanding global presence.
We use technology to create great experiences for sports fans.
Since our founding in 2012, DraftKings has been defining what it means to be a technology company in sports entertainment. To help us achieve our goals, we are building a dynamic team in Boston. Do you love working in a fast-paced environment that is constantly evolving? Are you able to use creativity to help solve problems that dont have clear solutions? If so, then we think you will love working with us.
Love data? We do too.
DraftKings is growing quickly and were looking for a Senior Lead Data Engineer to help establish and lead a data team centered around providing data solutions to support our customer acquisition marketing efforts. This senior lead engineering position requires strong development, problem solving, and technical analysis skills, with a serious bias for collaboration.
What youll do as a Senior Lead Data Engineer:
- Take ownership of building data solutions to provide actionable insights into key business metrics.
- Lead the marketing acquisition data engineering squad to design scalable processes.
- Drive implementation of high quality, production-grade data pipelines and ETL processes.
- Partner and collaborate with product owners, product managers and the Growth Marketing Analysts team on strategy and technical direction.
- Have the ability to rapidly adapt and be flexible. We roll out products very quickly and are looking for a team that can pivot at a moments notice.
What skills you will use:
- A minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience in aspects of business intelligence and data engineering, including data warehousing, delivery, and operations is required.
- Experienced technical leader. Multiple years proven experience leading a data engineering team.
- The ability to build and optimize data pipelines, transformations, architectures, and data sets is required.
- Strong knowledge in a variety of data engines like SQL Server, MySQL and/or Redshift is required.
- Experience with data tools such as Datadog, Alation, Tableau and/or other reporting tools is preferred.
We strive to create a place where all feel safe, empowered, engaged, championed, and inspired. DraftKings is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This means we do not tolerate discrimination of any kind and are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender identity, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability.
Ready to build whats next? Apply now.
As a regulated gaming company, you may be required to obtain a gaming license issued by the appropriate state agency as a condition of employment.