This role offers the opportunity to work in an exciting, open, and collaborative environment as part of the IT Application Services – Marketing team. The team works with business stakeholders on the implementation and maintenance of IT systems and business solutions supporting Sophos’ Marketing organization; enabling them to deliver world-class Marketing to Sophos customers and channel partners. Our team uses Agile and Waterfall development methods to manage projects and are focused on delivering simple, high quality, intuitive systems that are built with both the present and future in mind.
- Serve as the primary liaison between the user community and the IT Technical team, ensuring that business processes and requirements are unambiguous, testable, measurable, and articulated in a manner that allows the technical team to propose, estimate and construct appropriate solutions.
- Build strong relationships with internal business peers and develop/maintain an understanding of the business process areas under our responsibility that is equal to or exceeding those of our colleagues operating the business. Make recommendations on business requirements and solutions that increase value to the customer (both internal and external).
- Lead requirements gathering activities, including facilitating workshops, focus groups, interviews, conference room pilots, etc.
- Model current and future state business processes and ask questions needed to fully understand business objectives and elicit/refine complex business requirements necessary to achieve them. Ensure requirements and solutions proposed map clearly to objectives established.
- Analyze business requirements and, working with technical architects and development teams, verify that developed solutions are achievable, meet the scope and quality expectations of key business stakeholders, and are consistent with IT design concepts.
- Represent functional area and IT on cross-functional enhancements and projects, including the coordination and resolution of issues, where required.
- Working with QA teams, develop test schedules and scenarios for both system testing and user acceptance testing that establish success criteria up-front, as part of the requirements gathering process.
- Work with 3rd party application vendors, whose software has been deployed at Sophos, to understand the plan of intent and plan of record for future product plans. Articulate needs and advocate for capabilities Sophos deems a priority
- Assess and collate information on functional specifications for existing and future versions of both internal and commercial applications in use. Advise representatives from the business and IT on the impact of new functionality and opportunities for business improvement.
- Assist team in prioritization of bug fixes and enhancement requests as part of run-rate activities supporting business operations. Run backlog prioritization sessions working closely with business stakeholders to manage the backlog of requests.
Skills & Experience
- Degree in Information Technology, business-related subject, or equivalent
- 7-10 years of experience in a business analyst or related role.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and high attention to detail
- Knowledge of industry-standard methodologies, tools, and processes for business and process analysis
- Ability to adapt communication style to technical and non-technical audiences, both verbally and in writing
- Experience writing test scenarios intended to verify the achievement of documented requirements and established success criteria.
- Evaluation of technical and functional specifications and their cohesion
- Ability to learn, assess, and determine optimal ways to leverage off-shelf enterprise solutions, via a combination of configuration and, where needed, customization
- Experience with and/or knowledge of Agile Software Development methodologies desirable
- Domain expertise in web content management, lead management, marketing automation, event management, and other Marketing related solutions and processes desirable.
- Experience with Salesforce.com desirable.
- BS/BA; an MBA or similar advanced degree is a plus.
Sophos is committed to equal opportunity in all areas of its work. All qualified applicants will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, marital status, race, religion, color, age, disability, or sexual orientation.
More Jobs From