This position reports directly to the VP, IT Governance & Assurance and is within the IT Operations & Enablement organization. The successful candidate will be an energetic and clear communicator who has deep experience in project management. Responsibilities will include medium to large sized project management from standing up a new project to execution and stabilization. This position is located in Boston, MA with up to 25% travel to business partner locations.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Manage execution of complex cross functional projects from beginning to end including all phases – planning, requirements, design, testing and cutover.
- Collaborate directly with the business and functional teams to define project scope and all required deliverables, activities, activity sequence, Work Break-down Structure (WBS) and work estimates to create a framework for the project schedule
- Manage all aspects of the project including the plan, resources, dependencies, change management and budget utilizing internal project management tools
- Work with stakeholders to prioritize and determine the project's acceptance criteria/critical success factors and manage stakeholder expectations throughout the project
- Ensure project objectives are met within the constraints of project scope, time, cost and required quality
- Actively monitor project dependencies and risks
- Leads, motivates, manages and supports assigned team members to ensure adherence to process and procedures and to maximize contribution to effectiveness and efficiency
- Coordinate and communicate with project resources, internal team, stakeholders and vendors on all aspects of project progression/status
- Measure progress and monitor performance (overall, scope, schedule, costs, quality)
- Actively manage risks including issue escalation and resolution
- Present project status in front of senior and executive leadership
- Adhere to and following the organizational integrated Change Control Process
- Conduct post project implementation reviews to document lessons learned and provide to organization to update applicable methodology, tools, templates
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Information Technology, or equivalent
- Proven experience in management and/or delivery of IT projects across infrastructure, operations and business systems.
- 10+ years IT project management experience
- 7+ years’ experience delivering projects and has experience managing budgets.
- 3+ years leading large, complex, application projects (Web, Sales, Service, etc.)
- ERP, CRM, and/or Web application experience
- Desired experience in Web, Sales, and Marketing related functions
- Proficiency in project management tools
- Experience in supporting multiple projects concurrently
- Excellent analytical skills and advanced user of Excel or similar tools, with the ability to drive structured problem solving and solutions across broad stakeholder groups.
- Experience working with infrastructure related projects is desirable.
- Might be in a stationary position for a considerable time (sitting and/or standing)
- The person in this position needs to move about inside office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer
- Must be able to collaborate with colleagues via face to face, conference calls, and online meetings.
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (NASDAQ:HMHC) is a global learning company dedicated to changing people’s lives by fostering passionate, curious learners. As a leading provider of pre-K–12 education content, services, and cutting-edge technology solutions across a variety of media, HMH enables learning in a changing landscape. HMH is uniquely positioned to create engaging and effective educational content and experiences from early childhood to beyond the classroom. HMH serves more than 50 million students in over 150 countries worldwide, while its award-winning children's books, novels, non-fiction, and reference titles are enjoyed by readers throughout the world.
For more information, visit http://careers.hmhco.com
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status.
More Jobs From