Office Tour Photos
Location: Cantina’s office is in the Innovation District in downtown Boston, near South Station. Sometimes, our teams work from our clients’ locations. In those scenarios, you may work up to 3 days per week with your teammates from client offices within the greater Boston area.
What are you about? Solving interesting problems. Creating elegant solutions. Working in small, autonomous teams. Constantly learning new technologies. Having fun with great coworkers in a flexible environment. Building connected stuff that really matters.
Here’s what we’re about. Cantina is a strategic design and development agency. We accelerate organization's ability to innovate, grow, and deliver better digital products and services.
We live and breathe mobile development, and we bring connected devices and IoT to life. We are doing really cool work on connected dog collars, consumer electronics, AR/VR and medical devices. Much of that work focuses on companion apps that go with hardware, so we are looking for mobile developers who want to write code that goes beyond phones and tablets.
We enjoy working with our clients directly. We believe that integrating with client teams at all levels is vital to success. The work will vary, but our typical day to day is working directly with client teams on the development and delivery of their core products. This means being both a developer and a consultant matter to us: your soft skills will be as important as your engineering skills at Cantina.
About you: We are looking for someone who can develop quality software at a fast pace while following best practices and can interact with a variety of clients on strategic, high-impact projects. You should enjoy working with small, tight-knit teams of developers as well as enjoy using “the right tool for the right job.” We are not tied to any specific technology, but rather use the best tools at hand. You will have a say in what those tools are.
You should be a passionate developer with a broad range of programming skills who brings a positive attitude to small project teams. You should have recent experience with the latest best of breed web-based technologies, especially in the areas of mobile development (Swift 3/4, React Native) and cutting-edge web standards (HTML5, CSS3, ES6). You should enjoy switching between various programming projects, ramping up quickly, regardless of the chosen technology, and delivering. In addition, we are often faced with tasks that go beyond technical discipline to involve much broader aspects of consulting. You should be well versed in project and client relationship management, project scoping and direct client interaction.
- Strong foundational knowledge of iOS, Swift, Xcode, and git workflow
- Ready and willing to ramp up on the “right tool for the right job”
- Thrive in a fast-paced startup environment
- Be motivated to work independently and over deliver
- Know how to identify project issues
- App development to support Bluetooth hardware integration, in particular Bluetooth Smart/BL
- Github with relevant projects to showcase
- Open source contributions
- Backend / web service experience / expertise
- Base salary of $95,000 - $115,000 based upon experience
- Eligible for target bonus of up to 20% of base salary
Benefits and Perks
- 100% employer-paid insurance premiums for health, dental, vision and disability
- Paid parental leave up to 6 weeks
- 401(k) retirement plan with employer match
- Vacation time accrued to 20 days per year
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Free beverages and snacks
More Jobs From