The Infrastructure and DevOps group (IDO) is responsible for innovation in infrastructure and automation for ZoomInfo Engineering. Our size, culture, and the support we receive from every area of the company allows us unusual latitude and agility. Were using that to build world-class, multi-provider cloud infrastructures, based on the best technologies available, almost completely unhindered by design debt.
Within the IDO group, Infrastructure Frameworks Engineers select, develop, and maintain cross-cloud infrastructure frameworks, monitor and manage infrastructure costs across cloud providers, architect and maintain telemetry and observability tooling, and mentor the broader engineering organization on frameworks technologies. As ZoomInfo deepens its reliance on machine learning and new data technologies, and expands its infrastructure to multiple cloud providers, this teams responsibilities continue to expand.
As a Principal DevOps Engineer focusing on Kubernetes, you will be responsible for assisting in defining our approach to managing a multi-cloud infrastructure. You will serve as a technical lead and architect of our Kubernetes-based infrastructure, and will work closely with the IDO, Engineering, QA, and Security teams to educate and to ensure best practices are followed.
Staff in Zoom Engineering are given autonomy and personal discretion in their work, and they get to see their work have a direct and tangible impact on the success of Engineering, and the companys broader goals. If the idea of operating within an international team, in a fast-paced work environment appeals to you, we want to hear from you.
Summary of essential job functions
- Creating and maintaining frameworks for Cloud infrastructure (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Serve as a technical lead for a large-scale migration of traditional and PaaS-based workloads to Kubernetes.
- Ensure that we are designing robust, secure, scalable Kubernetes clusters across multiple Cloud providers
- Automate deployment of Kubernetes workloads, services, and infrastructure
- Champion best practices and standards within the team, and in the broader Engineering organization
- Thorough, clear, concise documentation of the above
- Experience managing infrastructure on a Cloud provider (AWS/Google Cloud/Azure 3+ years)
- Experience managing Linux systems in virtual environments (5+ years)
- Experience creating, deploying, maintaining, and troubleshooting Docker images (2+ years)
- Experience scoping, deploying, maintaining and troubleshooting large-scale, production Kubernetes clusters (2+ years)
- Experience managing a large-scale migration of server-based workloads to Kubernetes
- Experience in developing and maintaining an active codebase, preferably collaboratively (Golang or Python preferred)
- Experience utilizing managed Kubernetes services (AKS/EKS/GKE, preferably multiple)
- Experience with infrastructure as code in an enterprise environment (2+ years).
- Experience with Hashicorp Vault and Consul in an enterprise, cross-cloud environment
- Experience with and understanding of service mesh technologies (Envoy/Istio)
- Experience debugging and troubleshooting complex problems in the cloud
- Thorough understanding of CI/CD and related concepts.
- Slack-native mentality.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies quickly and independently
- Demonstrated ability to manage large-scale projects from design to completion
- Strong technical, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Strong ability and desire to mentor
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications, training, or work experience.
More Jobs From