The TripAdvisor Technical Operations team is looking for a Senior Infrastructure Engineer to join our team which is responsible for the production infrastructure and its operation for the worlds largest travel website.
Our team operates the data center infrastructure across several geographically dispersed data centers. This includes the procurement, operation, and installation of our physical, virtual, and Kubernetes environments. We also are responsible for the internal data center network as the WAN architecture and design.
We rely heavily on automation to improve our operational efficiency and accuracy, from inventory and provisioning of systems, to monitoring and auto-remediation issues occurring in our environment.
Responsibilities and duties
- Responsible for helping to ensure the reliability, availability and security of our infrastructure by continuously improving it as well as sharing an on-call rotation with the team.
- Collaborate with engineering team on design and implementation of their applications on our infrastructure.
- Ensure capacity of our environment by driving infrastructure capacity planning and forecasting.
- Responsible for improving the reliability and resilience of our infrastructure through root-cause analysis and reviewing gaps in designs and implementations of our infrastructure.
- Contribute to the adoption of containerization and Kubernetes throughout TripAdvisor Media Group, and improve the operations of our growing number production and development clusters as well as add or enhance the features that we support on these clusters.
Qualifications and skills
- Strong knowledge of the operation and tuning of Linux operating systems (Centos/RHEL)
- Proficiency in at least one programming language. Experience with infrastructure as code philosophy.
- Understanding of Network Infrastructure & Design, WAN topology and security.
- Strong understanding of large-scale Internet service architectures and deployments, such as load-balancing, DNS, CDN, http/https proxy
- Experiencing working with configuration management and orchestration tools (Puppet, Ansible)
- Familiarity with cloud deployments/hybrid cloud topology
- Knowledge of containerization and orchestration
- Experience in an operations role supporting a 24/7 production environment
More Jobs From