iRobot is looking to expand its Enterprise Infrastructure organization by adding an IT Infrastructure Engineer. Become part of the team responsible for the overall design, acquisition, testing, implementation and maintenance of computer systems, network and telecommunications equipment and configuration changes on a global scale supporting both on premise and cloud technologies.
- Breadth of Scope: Proficient with multiple technologies within an infrastructure element: operating systems, storage, virtualization, networks and security. Proficiency in cross-platform issue design and resolutions. Subject Matter Expert (SME) in cloud engineering and AWS
- Focus Areas: SME for AWS cloud infrastructure ; Systems engineering and administration proficiency on AWS technologies; Designing and troubleshooting the most complex problems for SME areas and cross-platform issues; Troubleshooting complex problems for other areas; Enhancements, updates, patches and upgrades; Developing expertise in other technologies
- Installed Base: Leads the implementation of enhancements, updates, upgrades and patches to ensure equipment is preventively maintained, running properly and life-cycle managed to protect from computer viruses and other security threats. Ensures users are kept informed of changes on a timely basis. Develops and executes test plans to ensure updates are fully tested before going live. Reviews test plans for appropriateness and thoroughness. Reviews test results and spot checks in key areas/scenarios with a focus on risk reduction. Coordinates test plans and execution between users and processes.
- Performance Optimization: Monitors and reports on processes, uptime, performance, utilization and capacity of technologies, both on-premise and in the cloud. Collects and analyzes key performance metrics of technologies in order to recommend technology or process improvements.
- Troubleshooting: Troubleshoots the most complex issues for SME area and complex issues for other areas. Provides or obtains their timely resolution. Analyzes failures, identifies root cause and implements and documents short and long-term corrective actions.
- Procurement: Leads efforts to select and procure new technologies in SME areas. Monitors infrastructure related licensing and related maintenance and support contracts. Including coordinating support from 3rd party service providers.
- Transition & Implementation: Writes and maintains technical documentation, policies and procedures related to networking and infrastructure and updates as necessary. Confirms user documentation is sufficient for process. In area of expertise, provides training and direction to IT staff so that they may effectively perform their daily activities related to IT infrastructure.
- Compliance, Information Security and Confidentiality: Adheres to company polices and industry standards on compliance, information security and confidentiality. Conveys and alerts users and IT staff of policies to prompt their adherence. Advises and interprets policies to ensure company compliance. Leads Infrastructure remediation associated with security vulnerability remediation
- Continuous Improvement: Identifies, documents and presents improvements to IT processes. Drives the change and measures the results. Monitors emerging technology developments and identifies opportunities for improvement.
- Management may, at its discretion, assign or reassign responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Create and modify scripts to automate tasks and integrate solutions
- Partner with internal non-IT teams to deliver business oriented projects
- Work with Information Security to ensure secure architecture designs and implementations
- Propose, design, and implement enhancements and additions to current environment
- Knowledge of ITIL and/or other similar frameworks.
- Knowledge of LEAN methodologies, leading Value Stream mapping sessions and driving problem resolution meetings with cross-functional teams is a plus but will be learned on the job.
- Should have an understanding of current industry trends and their advantages with ability to right fit into an existing environment.
- Education: BS/BA in computer science, information technology or equivalent
- Experience: 8+ years in related field
- Requirements elicitation, interpretation and documentation
- Proficiency in initiating and applying project management process & tools
- Good communication, both written and oral, in English
- Planning and organization of self and others
- Influence, Leadership, Conflict Resolution, Active Listening
- Public speaking/presentation
- Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
- Assignments require extensive work using a computer.
- Responsibilities may require evening and weekend work (rotating pager duty) and monthly maintenance weekends.
- Ability to squat, bend and lift up to 75 pounds
- Approximately 10% travel required when no Pandemic is present