iRobot is looking to bring onboard a Senior Sourcing Manager to support the delivery of iRobots key business objectives and corporate priorities. The selected candidate will report to the Director, Indirect Strategic Sourcing & Procurement and will provide sourcing support for various indirect categories. You will ensure integration and execution of best-in-class supplier engagement processes and will implement sourcing strategies to drive commercial leverage and achieve best value for iRobot. You will lead or participate in cross-functional teams to develop requirements and strategy to identify suppliers, establish service level agreements and key performance indicator requirements, and monitor performance consistent with established goals and performance measures. This is an exciting dynamic role in which you will work closely with several disciplines including finance, legal, IT, human resources, engineering, facilities, sales, customer care, supply chain, and product management.
Meaningful sourcing experience in various indirect categories is required. Strong business acumen is a must as you will be looking to choose the right supplier for iRobot, chose the right type of engagement with the supplier, and put in place agreements protecting iRobots interests.
Key job responsibilities included but are not limited to:
- Provide sourcing support and leadership within various indirect categories.
- Provide leadership and support during sourcing initiatives, including total cost of ownership model development, category strategy development, fact-based negotiation strategy development & execution, supplier evaluation & selection, and category implementation.
- Build and disseminate category plans across the company as strategies are developed.
- Build business relationships and own the partnering relationship with the key stakeholders.
- Work with indirect category teams to establish sourcing roadmaps which identify future needs and drive sourcing projects.
- Ensure process excellence and continuous improvement through the development of standard work and documented processes for how we select, engage, and manage suppliers.
- Manage high-value, high-complexity SOWs, RFxs, and agreements with minimal direction.
- Continuous learning and development of category knowledge and methodologies driving innovation and continuous improvement within the targeted categories.
- Lead the development, modification, and negotiation of various types of agreements for the purchase of goods and services. Ensure agreements have supplier accountability including performance metrics, SLAs, and warranties with clearly defined penalties for non-performance.
- Work with the indirect category management teams on supplier selection, risk analysis and performance management.
- Establish strong supplier relationships, effectively manage category supply base, perform advanced and intricate negotiations, and oversee selection of key suppliers.
- Actively monitor supplier and internal performance against agreements and industry benchmarks.
- 10+ years of experience in indirect sourcing including negotiations and supplier management.
- Strong project management skills with customer-focused, self-motivated mindset.
- Demonstrated ability to influence/lead teams and external suppliers to deliver measurable results.
- Excellent interpersonal, critical thinking, and communication skills with ability to produce clear documentation geared to all audiences.
- Strong analytical, business, and legal acumen seasoned professional required, capable of performing with minimum supervision.
- Positive and energetic team player with strong cross-functional team experience.
- Bachelors Degree in business, finance, or related field.