Office Tour Photos
We are looking for a Senior Government Affairs Associate to join our Government Affairs team within our Legal division. Your job will be managing content for the Government Affairs team, coordinating and supporting the government affairs team at policy related events, monitoring relevant news channels and assisting in all aspects of athenahealth’s federal and state lobbying activities. But enough about us; let’s talk about you.
You are a strong written and verbal communicator. You demonstrate excellent attention to detail and are able to follow process. You have a passion for healthcare and keep up to date on industry trends. You’re able to work well as a member of a team and maintain your sense of humor in stressful situations.
The Team: Our Government Affairs team monitors the policy landscape as it relates to healthcare, and considers changes that may impact our business. This team continues to build and maintain relationships on both sides of the aisle with advisory groups in Washington, DC. The team also educates our employee base about external policy issues and advises our leaders on interpretation of existing and upcoming law changes.
- Plan and execute annual “fly in” advocacy days for athenahealth clients and partners
- Attend and lead meetings with members of Congress and their healthcare staff
- Track legislation that may impact athenahealth; monitor news sources for emerging policy issues
- Prepare and maintain position papers and other collateral used in athenahealth advocacy
- Research and summarize legislation, regulation, and other government documents for internal audiences
- 3+ years of experience in health policy role
- Government relations and experience with CMS and ONC regulations preferred
- Bachelor’s degree
- Our Purpose: To unleash our collective potential to transform healthcare.
- Our Location: This role is based in Watertown, MA, just a few miles outside of Boston. Watertown is our Global Headquarters and our campus, the Arsenal on the Charles, is home to a number of restaurants, a local gym and large outdoor space. This office also has a cafeteria, coffee café and food trucks that rotate every day.
- Our Culture: If you’re curious, passionate and want to connect with work that matters, you’ve come to the right place. At athenahealth, our employees (or “athenistas”) are committed to making healthcare smarter. At the heart of athenahealth's culture is unconditional positive regard for one another, our customers, their patients and our community. We take time to celebrate diversity and our accomplishments, and strive to be powerfully relevant and refreshingly candid in everything we do.
- Our Perks: Along with health & financial benefits, our athenistas are offered a variety of perks that promote employee wellbeing such as commuter support (We were named one of the 2018 Best Workplaces for Commuters!), collaborative workspaces and dog-friendly offices - just to name a few.
More Jobs From