Forward Financing has been one of the fastest-growing fintech companies in Boston for the past three years, as recognized by Boston Business Journal, Inc. Magazine, and Deloitte Fast 500. We help small businesses spend less time finding capital and more time helping their customers and growing their businesses. Our mission is to create a world-class fintech company so that our customers and our people can reach their full potential. We accomplish this by investing in our people, technology, and customer experience with long-term success in mind. Forward Financing strives to promote diversity, equity, and inclusion so that each employee feels comfortable bringing their authentic self to work.
As a People and Culture Senior Generalist, youll play a pivotal role in driving Forward Financing's culture and core values. This is a terrific opportunity for someone who has previously served in a generalist capacity and wants to further develop their career at a growing company. On a day-to-day basis youll support the Director, P&C on all program management related to DEI, Performance Management, Manager Training & Employee Engagement in addition to other ad-hoc projects. This role is an integral part of the People & Culture team and will be critical to supporting Forward Financing as we continue to scale.
In this role you will:
- Support all logistics and organization associated with the Quarterly Performance Management process and the 360 Review process.
- Serve as the primary point person for our employee benefits including managing the annual benefits renewal and all associated employee communications as well as researching additional benefit offerings and perks
- Manage our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Program, including planning out a calendar of events, owning all logistics associated with DEI training (Unconscious Bias, Allyship, etc), proactively identifying new ideas or topics we can address and owning the creation of an Annual DEI report
- Partner with Director of P&C on Manager Development including building training materials, identifying external resources and facilitating managers cohort meetings
- Own our Professional Development Budget, including reviewing proposals for approval and partnering with managers and employees to answer their questions.
- Drive process improvements across the People and Culture team. Develop an understanding of what is working well and what is not working well, and craft a plan in partnership with the Director of P&C to continuously improve our processes
- Serve as a go-to person for day-to-day HR questions, needs, and inquiries, related to employee verification, benefits, etc, and ensure employee questions and concerns are answered and/or properly routed in a timely manner.
- Provide key support and or ownership of ad-hoc P&C programs ensuring an amazing employee experience.
- Bachelors degree required.
- 5-7 years of professional experience, with at least 3 years of experience in HR generalist/L&D role.
- Track record of achieving success and hitting professional goals in current and previous positions
- Takes full ownership of projects, checking in when needed, but able to deliver on responsibility with minimal support.
- Exceptional communicator, able to effectively work with discretion and sensitivity across all levels of the business.
- Comfortable with variety in a role and not afraid to "roll up your sleeves.
- Solution-oriented with the ability to build relationships across the company with a team of diverse styles, skill sets, and experience levels.
- HRIS exposure, experience working with performance management software, PPT, Excel.
- Relevant certification such as SHRM, PHR or SPHR.
Forward Financing Core Values:
- People First We build relationships and genuinely care about each other.
- We Before Me We prioritize team success over individual success.
- Be Candid We are authentic, transparent, and direct.
- Do the Right Thing We act with integrity and we dont cut corners.
- Relentless Improvement We push ourselves, never settling for the best we did yesterday.
- Be Positive We are optimistic, assume positive intent.
Forward Financing is a Boston-based fintech company that provides fast, flexible, and reliable capital to small businesses nationwide. With a simple online application, business owners can trust that Forward Financing works to get them approvals within minutes, funding within hours, and personalized support when they need it most.
Since 2012, Forward Financing has provided over $1 billion in financing to more than 26,000 small businesses. Consistently recognized as an industry leader, the company is A+ rated by the Better Business Bureau and receives top ratings across all major customer review platforms. Forward Financing has been consistently named by Boston Business Journal and Built in Boston as one of the best places to work in Massachusetts.
Forward Financing actively promotes a focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion in all we do. We are committed to creating a workplace where trust and respect are paramount and all employees feel valued, heard, and accepted. By embracing diversity of thought, background, and identity, we will continue to become a stronger team and a better organization.
We are a diverse and driven group of over 100 people, located in the heart of Bostons Financial District. Our employees come to work knowing they are helping thousands of small businesses while advancing their own careers. If this sounds like something youd like to be a part of, learn more about our leadership team and our open opportunities.
Perks & Benefits:
At Forward Financing, we believe that if our company succeeds, all of our employees succeed too. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including but not limited to; medical, dental, vision and commuter benefits along with a flexible time off policy, 401k match, gym reimbursement, paid volunteering days, annual professional development budget, and charitable donation match.
When we arent busy with a Zoom meeting, supporting our customers, or working on a project, you can likely find us taking part in a scavenger hunt, getting overly competitive in a trivia game, or celebrating our team wins together!