Chewy is seeking a Full-Stack Senior Software Engineer to join the Autoship team! The expectations of the prospective candidate will be the design, development, testing, implementation, and support of applications and related integrations.
You will be a lead level engineer helping us spearhead projects while mentoring younger engineers working on a platform that is responsible for 70% of all sales at Chewy!
In this role, the ideal candidate will engage in iterative development, testing, and make contributions to the growth and development of one of Chewys fastest growing areas. This energetic individual will partner with both technical and business teams on multiple initiatives and collaborate to deliver new features and enhancements.
What You'll Do:
- Align with the Pet Health and other teams to seamlessly implement the Autoship feature to their platform
- Act in the capacity of a software engineer to actively participate in the definition, design, development, testing and implementation of software functionality using the Agile methodology
- Create or modify complex programs, modules, routines, scripts and data objects from a detailed design where efficiency, performance and reliability are critical
- Work with and advise both business and technology teams (internal and external) on how best to implement desired features and enhancements
- Develop in-depth knowledge of several Chewy business processes and systems environment
- Ensure that technical solutions follow best practices, are reliable, are easily maintainable and are scalable under sustained load
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Collaborate to identify, isolate and resolve malfunctions related to software
- Conduct knowledge transition on solutions to the designated application support team(s)
What You'll Need:
- Bachelors Degree (MIS or CS preferred) or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years of full software development lifecycle experience including the ability to perform independent analysis
- 5+ years of experience developing applications in web technologies (Java 8, Spring Boot, Hibernate, JQuery, JSON, AngularJS, Tomcat, HTML5, CSS3, Spring MVC)
- 5+ years of experience in developing applications with database technologies (DynamoDB preferred)
- 5+ years of experience working with web services (SOAP/HTTP, REST)
- Self-driven, able to work independently or within a team setting
- Experience with Node.js, especially TypeScript BIG PLUS!!!
- Experience with any of the following: AWS, Terraform, Agile/Scrum, continuous integration using Jenkins
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture
- Exposure to working in e-commerce
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at our company, please contact [email protected].