At ActBlue Technical Services, we build and maintain a powerful online fundraising platform for Democratic campaigns, progressive organizations, and nonprofits working to create a better future. Our mission is to put power in the hands of small-dollar donors by making it easier for grassroots supporters to make their voices heard and by helping thousands of groups from presidential candidates to environmental organizations build people-powered movements.
As an engineer with ActBlue Technical Services, you'll be an essential contributor to the capabilities, performance, and security of our platform. We build software that supports millions of page loads every minute. In the last two years alone, our platform handled over 40M contributions made from 5M donors.
Our engineering and product organization is made up of 30+ people (and growing!). Were organized into cross-functional teams of 3-6 people with clear areas of complementary focus. Teams operate independently in alignment with the broader organizational goals. In this role, you will get to work with agency in concert with your peer engineers, Product Managers, and UX colleagues.
You will be contributing to our inclusive environment, fostering a culture that brings out the best in yourself and your colleagues. Your manager will be your champion and coach and will help ensure you are able to grow as an individual while you contribute to the excellence and advancement of our platform.
We offer autonomy, responsibility, and a team of amazing in-office and remote colleagues, plus generous benefits including an employer-sponsored 401k contribution plan, a flexible time off policy, and a competitive professional development stipend.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
- Designing, developing, and testing solutions that evolve our high-volume platform
- Collaborating on end-to-end software initiatives that cross multiple domains
- Working with interdisciplinary teams to identify and prioritize high-impact opportunities
- Contributing technical guidance on long-term software goals
WHAT YOU'LL BE WORKING WITH:
- Our stack: Ruby on Rails, React, PostgreSQL, Node.js, Redis
- A team of passionate, curious, and innovative professionals
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- Significant experience with server-side web application development, preferably with Ruby
- Proficiency with relational databases, preferably Postgres
- Understanding of performance, scalability, and security concerns
- Excitement to write code that makes a difference
- An appetite for ongoing learning and growth and sharing knowledge with peers
OUR ENGINEERING VALUES:
- We believe that ideas are more important than technologies.
- We understand that the tools we build have real-world consequences for millions of people and take that responsibility seriously.
- We know that code isnt just a set of instructions for machines, but communication with other humans; style, elegance, and respect are important.
- We believe that an ability to balance paying off technical debt and rapidly completing a project contributes to the health of the codebase, engineering team, and organization.
- We believe that being correct isnt enough; respect for your colleagues and users is fundamental.
You can work in our Somerville, MA HQ; our satellite office in Portland, OR; or remotely from anywhere in the US (CA, MD, NY, RI, TX, UT, and WI are preferred).
Were a growing team passionate about changing our country. Each and every one of us is fully committed to our mission, and we are looking for new team members who match our passion and are ready to dive in! If you're interested, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org!
We offer a competitive salary and a generous compensation package, which includes commuter benefits; fully paid and trans-inclusive health, dental, and vision insurance; an employer-sponsored 401k contribution plan; a generous professional development stipend; three months paid parental leave for all genders, adoptions included; and a flexible time off policy.
Women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, and members of other minority or marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply. ActBlue is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status.
ActBlue cannot at this time sponsor work visas.
More Jobs From