Office Tour Photos
Chewy is growing! Were looking for a Senior Full Stack Engineer to join our team at our Boston, MA office. With your technical expertise, you will manage project deadlines and deliverables. You will design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance software solutions. You will delight in learning new technologies and share your enthusiasm with teammates. At Chewy, you will specialize in building web applications that scale to millions of users, providing the best possible customer experience. You will manage projects across multiple stakeholders as a subject matter expert.
What you'll do:
- Design and implement new features in Chewys products based on both technical and business requirements which have a direct impact on the companies success.
- Write client-side and server-side code for web-based applications, creating fast, easy-to-use, high-volume production applications
- Support diverse client platforms, from high-powered desktop computers to small-footprint mobile devices.
- Interact with multiple application services to access and store information in a comprehensive e-commerce ecosystem
- Work in an agile development environment, collaborating with development, systems support, release, development operations and architecture teams
- Code review and work with other developers on best practices for UI development and follow the latest advancements in front-end, back-end technologies and techniques
- Integrate the latest best practices and technologies across UI and server environments using technical expertise, judgment, maturity, and experience which promote the best interests of Chewy.
What you'll need:
- BS degree in Computer Science, a similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience.
- Strong communication skills as well as experience with educating and working your peers.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices for the full software development life cycle including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals using object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem-solving, and complexity analysis
- Work in an agile development environment (Scrum, Kanban, etc.)
- A strong sense of responsibility and an obsession with quality. Committed to seeing tasks through and working with others is essential.
- Common development tools such as webpack, mvn, gradle and related/similar tools such as gulp, grunt, npm, yarn.
- Expertise in debugging/testing and troubleshooting issues across multiple browsers and devices.
- Test automation experience (selenium, webdriver, mocha, jasmine, etc) is a big plus.
- Experience with Vue.js , React, or other reactive frameworks.
- Interest and ability to learn other languages/frameworks as needed.
- Data-informed product development: analytics, A/B testing, etc.
- Experience with modern version control systems (Git, Mercurial, etc.)
- Background in e-commerce.
- Position may require travel.
More Jobs From