Chewy: Senior Full Stack Engineer, Java
Office Tour Photos
Chewy is looking for a Senior Full Stack Engineer, Java to join our Data Science and Engineering Team based in Boston , MA. The ideal candidate...
What you'll do:
- Design and implement new features in Chewys products based on both technical and business requirements which have a direct impact on the companies success.
- Write client-side and server-side code for web-based applications, creating fast, easy-to-use, high-volume production applications
- Design, develop and implement complex solutions based on Java technology and spring related frameworks.
- Work with Engineers and other cross functional teams like Product Management, Project Management, Release Engineering, Quality Assurance, and Operations teams to develop innovative solutions that serve personalized recommendations for Chewy customers.
- Develop applications in Java/J2EE, REST web services.Develop applications and integrate using services such as APIs/RESTful APIs.
- Collaboratively work with functional and technical teams to integrate applications in cloud environment.
- Work in a fast-paced, agile environment consisting of a cross-functional team designing and implementing systems from the web-based user interface frontend through the back-end.
- Integrate the latest best practices and technologies across UI and server environments using technical expertise, judgment, maturity, and experience which promote the best interests of Chewy.
What you'll need:
- At least 3 years of experience in developing and consuming RESTful APIs.
- Must have knowledge of Spring Component and Spring Framework such as spring, Hibernate, Batch etc.
- Experience in building back-end application code that interfaces with other systems, services and APIs/RESTful APIs.
- Experience in build and integration tools such as Maven and Jenkins etc. and source control tools like Git.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies.
- Hands-on experience with cloud technologies like Azure/AWS.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills; ability to analyze complex technical problems.
- Excellent team player who can drive a collaborative environment
- Excellent verbal and written communications, ability to establish effective working relationships with team members and cross functional teams
- Results oriented and adaptable
- Experience developing APIs
- Exposure to the fundamentals of responsive application design
- Experience working with open source technologies
- Experience with CICD tools like Travis , Circle CI
- Exposure to Agile/Scrum methodology
- Familiarity with Quality Assurance methodologies
- Exposure to continuous integration
- Experience working directly with business partners
More Jobs From