Wayfair.com is a leader in the e-commerce space for all things home. By using technology and data to create a best-in-class experience for our customers, it gives us a competitive advantage in the global homegoods market!
Our Employee Tech team is currently looking to bring on an experienced Senior Full Stack Engineer for a growing, global enterprise applications & services team. The team is primarily responsible for designing and developing self-service applications across Wayfair as a whole.
What You'll Do:
You'll be responsible for the design and development of enhanced self-service application features via web pages, microservices, and component development, for internal customers and stakeholders. Our development work is a mix of new app/service creation along with the upgrade of existing properties - our focus is on keeping Wayfair going and growing.
As part of their position, our senior engineers also:
- Integrate Wayfair and 3rd-party systems
- Architect and lead major team initiatives.
- Provide high-quality code review.
- Challenge existing architecture and code quality where needed, and advocate for improvements by setting new standards.
- Mentor new hires and other engineers to help them become more proficient by example.
What You'll Need:
- 3+ years of experience as a full stack developer
- Demonstrated aptitude in object-oriented concepts and development
- 3+ years of software development with languages such as Java, C++, C#, Python, or PHP
- Experience with database-related development, including designing queries, triggers, and stored procedures to execute in a performant fashion. (Microsoft SQL Server preferred but not required)
- Experience with utilization of shared caching (Redis, Memcached, etc.) - Use of version control tools such as Git.
- Experience working in a CI/CD environment
- Experience within the context of Agile methodology
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to interact with product managers, internal stakeholders, and other engineers to gather requirements and translate them into an effective system design
- Proficiency in troubleshooting and issue resolution
- Bachelor's Degree required in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, or a directly-related field
What'd be nice to have:
- Proficiency in using ReactJS in building user interfaces
- Experience in designing systems at scale
- Exposure to NoSQL (Mongo, etc.)
- Experience with containerized deployment (Docker, etc.)
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.