Office Tour Photos
Here at LevelUp, a Grubhub Holdings Inc. Company, we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for part-time work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 17+ million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 105,000 restaurants in 2,000 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo, Eat24).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
The Engineering team includes 30+ contributors spread across five teams: Design, Mobile, Platform, POS, and White Label. We take pride in the utility of the products we have built and the craftsmanship of their implementations. On the Platform team, we embrace a flat hierarchy and pair junior developers with more senior mentors. Small pods often form to tackle high-priority projects, all of which benefit from thorough testing and code review.
Curious about current projects?
Here are some of the challenges that drive development for the Platform team:
- How can we improve the security of our systems without placing extra burdens on end users?
- When will our system reach its breaking point? What must be done now to push back that date?
- How do we keep our development cycles fast while improving reliability?
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Experience building and maintaining a large-scale, high-availability web application with an active and growing user base
- Confidence writing tests for high-risk functionality like financial transactions
- UI/UX design skills
- Mentorship of junior developers
You Should Have
- 4+ years professional software development experience with a modern back-end web framework like Django or Rails and a front-end framework like AngularJS or React
- Experience designing and implementing RESTful web service APIs
- Experience with relational database design fundamentals (PostgreSQL)
- Distributed version control experience with Git
- Team player with excellent written and spoken English communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or ample real-world experience
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. It’s true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they’re granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we’re all in it to win it.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
More Jobs From