EF Ultimate Break inspires young adults to participate in life-changing travel experiences across the globe. EF Ultimate Break is a division of EF Education First and is the easiest way to travel abroad for anyone 18-29 years old. Every trip gives travelers the chance to make friends, explore new places, and immerse themselves in different cultures on fun, affordable, life-changing adventures.
What youll do:
As a Senior Full Stack Engineer, youll play an important role in developing software solutions to complex business problems in an e-commerce ecosystem. You will coordinate with UX experts, product owners, analysts, and other development teams to help deliver solutions with direct business impact. As part of the Scrum team, you will ship iterative code to production frequently. You will be working to grow and maintain applications using cutting edge technologies, including:
- React (with React hooks)
- AWS (ECS, SNS/SQS, Lambda, API Gateway, etc.)
- GraphQL (Apollo)
Who you are:
- You are passionate about your work and thrive in a collaborative environment.
- You are self-motivated and eager to contribute to the business and team above all else.
- You have a strong aptitude and desire to learn new technologies, give and receive constructive criticism, and grow outside your technical comfort zone.
- 5+ years of experience developing applications using any JS framework or stack
- Experience with NodeJS and any server framework such as Express.
- 2+ years of experience with core AWS services including Lambda, ECS, SQS/SNS, IAM
- Experience and desire to mentor junior developers
Other useful skills include:
- Experience with a modern headless CMS
- Event-based architecture
- MongoDB or AWS DocumentDB
- Unit testing using frameworks such as Jest
- GraphQL using frameworks such as Apollo
- Agile/Scrum/Kanban methodologies
- .NET Core 3.1 or 2.1
- AWS Cognito, Step Functions
Benefits and perks:
We believe that happy people do great work. What makes us happy? Things like:
- The opportunity to travel internationally with our customers (and without too, of course)
- Three weeks paid vacation your first year, and four weeks after your first year
- Market-leading benefits package including top of the line family health coverage, 401k with company match, tuition reimbursement, and more
- Free language classes
- A restaurant and bar right inside our building
- Discounts on EF products including our travel and language programs
About EF Education First
At EF we believe that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new things about the world and about themselves. Our culturally immersive education programsfocused on language, travel, cultural exchange, and academicsturn dreams into international opportunities.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across more than 600 schools and offices in 50 countries, all with one shared mission of opening the world through education. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate aboutwe welcome you and want you to bring that to work every day. EF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and belonging across race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, parental status, identity, experience and everything else that makes you unique.
Founded in Sweden in 1965, EF has school and offices around the world, including hubs in Boston, London, Mexico City, So Paulo, Shanghai, Stockholm, Zrich, and more. Learn more at https://ef.com.