Senior Front End Software Engineer
Seeking a pragmatic senior front-end engineer, who is allergic to shiny new frameworks and who has battle scars from the ship-to-production battlefield.
Our software engineering team values clean code, open discussion, and pragmatic design. We’re looking for a thoughtful, experienced AngularJS/React developer to help grow our industry-leading personalization platform, comprising multiple editors, analytics, data visualization, and advanced reporting. You will work with our existing team to develop and extend our UI platform, and develop customer-facing tools, visualizations, and features. You will drive architectural improvements to the code base, facilitating faster feature delivery with minimal defects.
- Deep knowledge of AngularJS, React, or other framework, including best practices and commonly used modules
- Proficiency with Typescript, HTML5, CSS, and web developer tools
- Thorough understanding of the responsibilities of a web-based application platform, including database, RESTful APIs, caching layer, proxies, authorization and other web services used in the system
- A sharp eye for user interface design and a passion for an empathetic user experience
- Appreciation for the value of front-end testing, applied judiciously and not dogmatically
Nice to Have
- Experience applying analytical concepts and/or statistical techniques
- Proficiency with modern Java
- Full stack software engineering experience
- BS/MS in computer science, hard science, or engineering, and/or 5-7 years industry experience. PhDs that meet the required skills are also encouraged to apply.
About Our Team
- We ship and develop changes incrementally
- We love writing tests because we hate the fear of change
- We crave continuous integration and delivery
Things Our Team Ain’t Got Time For (Ask Us Why!)
- 100% code coverage
- Software Requirement Specification documents
- Bug counts, line counts and other productivity “measures”